Wood spider

Spotted this bugger creeping along floor of the shop. Co worker blasted him with carb&choke cleaner and killed him

Attachments

• 45129B5A-AC36-4C07-BAD7-862676493433.jpeg
    45129B5A-AC36-4C07-BAD7-862676493433.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 77
thats bad luck for you!

Saw this guy last year. Relocated him out of the cabin.. he jumped out of that cup and was ready to tear a finger off.. (lol)
IMG_20200606_213111.jpg

Wolf spider gets a bad rap. They are welcome in my garage.

Ugh hate wolf spiders! I have a bunch of them in my garage. I never venture too far in the garage (especially august, september) without a can of brake cleaner! But even then, those wolf spiders are pretty resiliant. It just stuns them

thats bad luck for you!

Saw this guy last year. Relocated him out of the cabin.. he jumped out of that cup and was ready to tear a finger off.. (lol)
View attachment 46896

I get those in my house. HATE wolf spiders. I had one in the bathroom that I had to empty a whole can of brake clean on! Stunned it, but didn't kill it. Luckily I had something nearby to kill it with

The one I relocated was less than 5ft from my head where I would be sleeping.. he wasnt staying in for the night.

did the cup trick on him (he was sitting on the upper sill 2x4)
slide the paper under.. he was all angry and bouncing around in cup.

Reactions: JC1
I get them in my garage too but I try and let them be since I hate crickets chirping even more than spiders, but I cant ignore them when they start to get as big as my hand. At that point my arachnophobia kicks in and I wack em with a 2x4.

The one I relocated was less than 5ft from my head where I would be sleeping.. he wasnt staying in for the night.

did the cup trick on him (he was sitting on the upper sill 2x4)
slide the paper under.. he was all angry and bouncing around in cup.

He was just waiting for an opportune moment to crawl into your mouth....

Ugh hate wolf spiders! I have a bunch of them in my garage. I never venture too far in the garage (especially august, september) without a can of brake cleaner! But even then, those wolf spiders are pretty resiliant. It just stuns them
I'll leave them alone in the house to but my wife will kill them!

I'll leave them alone in the house to but my wife will kill them!
If you ever become a meal for one while sleeping you may change your outlook about them in your house with nothing to eat but you. When they bite and drink the punctures they leave behind take a long time to heal and itch like a bugger so you scratch off the tiny scabs over and over.

In the garage I let them alone as they keep other bugs in check. unless theyre nasty ones like black widow or brown recluse. One bit my bro and it dissolved a hole in his leg a golf ball would sit in.

If you ever become a meal for one while sleeping you may change your outlook about them in your house with nothing to eat but you. When they bite and drink the punctures they leave behind take a long time to heal and itch like a bugger so you scratch off the tiny scabs over and over.

In the garage I let them alone as they keep other bugs in check. unless theyre nasty ones like black widow or brown recluse. One bit my bro and it dissolved a hole in his leg a golf ball would sit in.
When I was little my grandmother had one that ran around the house. She forbid anyone to kill it as it was her pet. It was fast and it looked to be 3 to 4 inches in size.
I was tolerant but my brother and sister would jump up on the couch which I thought was funny. This was in Sanford Florida. We always had roaches in our house but grandmother had none.
she probably had several because in 15 years you could always see one. I doubt they live that long.

So big they 'come back atcha.
FACT: Women scream extra loud when they encounter one in the shower.
Never kill 'em.

Attachments

• DSC01548.JPG
    DSC01548.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01479.JPG
    DSC01479.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01465.jpg
    DSC01465.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01470.jpg