Wood spider

Years ago we lived in a very old farmhouse. Seeing wolf spiders in the house was not unusual. They can be quite creepy looking because of their size.

We use to call them Milwaukee spiders. Because some were as big as Milwaukee. And fast as all get-out.

They don't build webs. They chase their prey down, or ambush them. We were never once bitten.

Did you know that wolf spiders eat brown recluse?
Got to thinking you may have read the picture wrong … I don’t bother any spiders but a BR … that’s the only bad news spider we see much of. I have used essential oils to keep them away !

Awe hell naw!! We have Huntsman Spiders in Florida. They've been known to carry off small children in the middle of the night.

Attachments

• heteropoda_lexie.jpg
    heteropoda_lexie.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 19
Not really a fan of large spiders, but I am less of a fan of pest insects so I appreciate them and we have an uneasy truce :)

These guys like to hang out on our dock cleats, needless to say I am rather cautious where I put my hands tying up at night....

IMG_2519[17855].JPG

I only kill brown recluse or black widows. I spray around my house and inside my garage. but i don't broadcast insecticide all over my yard as some do. The yard insects are good for the birds. The spiders are beneficial.

Spiders outside I leave them alone not unless they are hanging off the house.I hate spiders with a passion.We have a contract with the exterminators to spray for them and they run the fogging machine under the house.I take the vent covers off once a year in both baths a kitchen and put a couple of those rat glue traps in there and when I change them they have a few on each trap.The exterminators said they were coming in the HVAC system so we had it redone.Even had the foundation vents replaced.We had them in every room in the house.

Back