Wix vs Wix XP vs Amsoil oil filters

Originally Posted by pcowner1
Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by pcowner1

I talked to the oil change shop and they would swap oil filter for free if I were to only replace filters during the yr., so I could keep longer lasting amsoil and replace only Wix filters 2xYR.
Any thoughts?

My thoughts:
Run Amsoil Signature for 25,000 miles
Use a "premium" synthetic filter (RP, Fram Ultra, FG Stratapore, Donaldson Blue) for 25,000 miles.
Change both at 25,000 miles.

Thank you. And Fram Ultra Synthetic is better than Wix (or Wix XP/ K&N) ? Any thoughts on Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic, it seems pretty close in the tests and costs half less than Amsoil ?

I dont think you are any further ahead running a cheaper filter and changing it twice. The Amsoil has great filtering efficiency and dirt holding capacity, along
with very sturdy construction and wire backed media. 15k is no problem for an Amsoil filter.
Run the Amsoil signature oil and the Amsoil filter for 1 year or 15k.
If you want to save some money, get the preferred customer account and save the 25%.

My objective is to find a balance of keeping my cars well over 200K and saving on the car maintenance.
I have met sales people with over 300,000 miles on their work cars and use quick change oil and filters. Chose what makes you feel better.

Back