Wix vanilla filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
The Wix might be the best for your older vehicle application. Some engines need more trapping - some desire more flow.

All filters will flow the same volume of oil coming out of the positive displacement oil pump unless you're revving the engine to redline before the oil gets fully warmed up and the pump hits pressure relief. Engine oiling systems are not like the water system in your house.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
A reminder to member kschachn
I choose to use BITOG's Ignore Member feature / option.

A reminder to member Triple_Se7en
It doesn't matter to me. I'll still question nonsense every time I see it regardless if whether someone has their head in the sand or not.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
For a split second, I saw twix vanilla wafers.

Satisfaction efficiency is 95% @ 20 chews.
grin2.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

grin2.gif

[Linked Image]

I prefer these they have a 100% satisfaction efficiency @ 20 chews

Originally Posted by blufeb95
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

grin2.gif

[Linked Image]

I prefer these they have a 100% satisfaction efficiency @ 20 chews

Any day that includes a Zero bar is a good day.

First saw this wasn't sure what meant by Wix 'vanilla' filter. Never seen that term used before for Wix filter. If reference to Wix labeled/Napa Gold filters, good filters ime. Majority silicone adbv, nice beta, most thread end bypass. Last point mostly mention of construction type, as opposed to touting location. Ime they are easily ~7500 mi filters in well maintained vehicle service, with ~10k mi. doable if desired. Here's the last one I used, typical result ime.

And 'most' of the cans are black in color, though when new applications introduced they may start with a white can before changing to black. Only mention because really much more dark chocolate than vanilla.

I prefer the Napa Gold dark chocolate variety because local Napa store has twice yearly 40% off sale making them $4 or less each.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
First saw this wasn't sure what meant by Wix 'vanilla' filter. Never seen that term used before for Wix filter. If reference to Wix labeled/Napa Gold filters, good filters ime. Majority silicone adbv, nice beta, most thread end bypass. Last point mostly mention of construction type, as opposed to touting location. Ime they are easily ~7500 mi filters in well maintained vehicle service, with ~10k mi. doable if desired. Here's the last one I used, typical result ime.

And 'most' of the cans are black in color, though when new applications introduced they may start with a white can before changing to black. Only mention because really much more dark chocolate than vanilla.

I prefer the Napa Gold dark chocolate variety because local Napa store has twice yearly 40% off sale making them $4 or less each.

Sorry about the terminology in my choice of words. I meant vanilla in the sense that it wasn't rated for any kind of extended oci. Talking about the "basic" filters that are a few dollars a piece in price.

No problem here, since multiple candy bar pics posted, having some fun with title choice. As for "basic" filters, I'd describe Wix/Napa Gold as solid middle tier filters with good fci, as noted.

If buying from Rock Auto though need to be aware. Wix RA "private label" have not been Wix labeled filters showing up at member doors. Last several have been Wix "made for" Auto Extra filters. That even though RA pic may show a Wix filter. They are more a lower, value/jobber tier filter, nitrile adbv, some combo valves, and no efficiency beta. Just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back