Will SuperTech breakdown in high heat/stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local WalMart told me along time ago that their house oil is produced by Quaker State. I use their 10-40 Blend in my F250 with 160,000 miles and it works as good as Valvoline did, in fact the Blend is for high mileage engines just like MaxLife, and they even have a full synthetic for high mileage engines which I plan to use next since the blend hasn't caused any further leaks or useage. I agree for the most part with JHZR2. I have been driving for almost 40 years with a state drivers lic. and a few more before that and I have never lost an engine because of oil, as long as the engine had it's fill, and I wrenched about 30 years. I can say that I saw an engine in the 70s that the owner claimed to have run Pennsoil and when I pulled the pan the inside had what looked like thin cardboard pieces stuck to the pan and block and there was no doubt it was from the oil.

One more time... it was a subsidiary of Quaker State until the SL oils came out at which time Warren got the contracts. The next time it's bid someone else could be producing it. It's a brand name, not an actually produced product per se.

Warren (Distribution, not Petroleum...another company entirely that just bought Coastal) is also Sears Spectrum as well as their own house brands (Mag 1-- same as ST and Spectrum), Polar and Accel the cheap non-detergent crap with the tire on the can that they also sell at Wal-Mart for about 75 cents.

http://www.wd-wpp.com/

quote:

Originally posted by gtm245:
Anyone else ever tried to destory an old beater like I did? If you did I know you had tons of fun!

I have friends that whenever they have a dead engine they make oil pan stew.

First they remove the turbo (so it doesn't get damaged)
Next they set their MSD ignition for an 8000 RPM rev limit
After that they adjust their nitrous setup to about a 200 shot
Then they spin the motor with the nitrous for about 10 seconds.
Then end result is an oil pan full of con rods, pistons and crank.

http://www.z31.com/unsorted/ch2.JPG
http://www.z31.com/unsorted/ch3.JPG

That block was on the parts car that I bought. There was no evidence of a boost controller or anything else. There were also no signs of detonation.

btw, I use supertech oil on my beater. This will probably change as one of the previous idiots, I mean mechanics on the car stripped the oil drain plug threads. I'm going to helicoil it, but I still don't want to take out the drain plug very often, so I may run Mobil 1 and test the limit of the OCI after I finish my case of super tech (2 more changes. Enough to finish autoRX, yay! ). My friend is running M1 for 30,000 miles in his taurus (changing the filter of course) and will get it analyzed when he's changing it. I'm probably only going to do 18k or so if I have reasonable amount of fuel, ect in the oil.

[ March 17, 2004, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Thomas Pyrek ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back