Wife Wants New Washer,Dryer,Stove and Dishwasher

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife wants a new Washing Machine Clothes Dryer Dishwasher and Stove.

What brands are good i don't want sears kenmore and i don't want anything high end that i can't get repair insurance at a good price through my electric company.

Everything we have now is top of the line kenmore around 15-19 years old and starting to show signs of problems although everything still looks brand new.
What are long lasting these days everything seems to be made to self destruct early in their life. Years ago when i was a kid things lasted 40 years but now they figured out how to make it so you have to buy new. I need opinions who makes a good product? Someone mentioned Kitchen aid ?

Actually high end Kenmore is pretty good. They have excellent parts available too. You can do much worse.

I am not a fan of front load washers, although there are some good brands now. LG from Korea has been good.

Rod

Our samsung fridge has been great. My wife is really short so we have the bottom freezer. Its 6 years old and no problems.

Yep Speed Queen is still around. They are the best hands down. LG Maytag and all the others are Shotty pieces of junk. We just got a speed queen to replace a Maytag that was 4 years old and it was covered by warranty so the warranty basically bought us a new washer. It was going to cost over a grand to fix it.

I like Whirlpool...one of the last made in America appliance companies...they make a great product too.

SpeedQueen and Miele.

http://www.mieleusa.com/

Quote:
Miele is a German manufacturer of high quality domestic appliances and machines for commercial applications. The company was founded over 110 years ago in 1899 by Carl Miele and Reinhard Zinkann and has always been a family-owned, family-run company.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmogYhjm4KI

http://www.speedqueen.com/

Quote:
Speed Queen® equipment is tested to last 25 years in your home. That’s two to three times longer than other brands. You won’t have to replace your equipment every few years, which will save you a lot more money. And it’s all backed by an industry-leading warranty to give you extra peace of mind.

Last edited:
I have a Speed Queen and I like it. It has out lasted both of the last two Whirlpools I bought. I had a Whirlpool Duet front loader that was a lemon the drum bearing failed in two months and it would have cost $500.00 plus labor if warranty didn't cover the cost. Then it went out again and after the third time I called the factory and they authorized a buy back from the dealer I bought it from.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I like Whirlpool...one of the last made in America appliance companies...they make a great product too.
Lots of made in China parts [if not made in china in total]

What is parts availability like on yours? they have made it more than ten years so they cannot be too bad.

We have:

Whirlpool side by side fridge, bought off CL for $150 when we moved in 3 years ago. Says it was made in 2006.

Kenmore stove and microwave, which presumably were new when the house was built in 2004.

LG front load washer and dryer, bought new when we moved in 3 years ago.

Bosch dishwasher, also bought new when we moved in 3 years ago.

I had to replace the control valve for the ice maker in the fridge, which likely was broken because it sat out in the garage in freezing temps. Other than that, all of these appliances have been trouble free for us so far.

If the Kenmore products you have now are 15+ years old, why would you not go back?

I don't like anything sears anymore and all these things except for the gas dryer were repaired a number of times through the electric company insurance i took out.. Sears once number one in my book now i don't buy anything from them.

I want something long lasting but i also want something that i can get a warranty through the electric company i can't get that with some of the high end stuff and i can't get a commercial stove because my insurance company will cancel me. It happened to a number of my neighbors. My next door neighbor bought a commercial viking i think that cost thousands and had drama with their homeowners insurance

Sears will be out of business in 6 months, so avoid Sears appliance brands (Kenmore?) if you want any sort of service/parts after the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back