LG Washer finally said no more, I can't.

I can't but commend it's tireless toil washing our clothes for the last 13 years without incident. However the rear bearings are howling like an ol' hound. It's a sign...

I was warned it would never last as no front loader ever does but here we are. Technically it still is fine if I wanted to go through the hassle of pulling the tub and replacing bearings & seals. I do not.

So just looking for any recommendations from the lot of you who might have purchased a washer & dryer in the last few years. I trust BITOG users more than other outlets. You guys don't sugar coat anything.

Also yes I know about Speed Queen and I wish I could afford Speed Queen.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
Our LG is still going strong after 14 years. Front loader. Replaced the shocks a few years back, which may have helped its life a bit. I would buy another.

have not figured out how to delete, so stuck with this repsonse

most of them just aren't worth fixing, if it is more than a belt and the machine is more than 10 years old... my OL washes about 140 loads a month, OCD neat freak that she is.. I just buy her new stuff when ever she decides she wants new washing machines.. the bestest laundry machines are those old fashioned plain white models with a knob for controls.. but wimmenfolk aren't fascinated by plain jane white washing machines... so you end up will a hi teck color coordinated set up.. just buy em and be done with it, because if momma aint happy, nobody is going to be happy

I can't but commend it's tireless toil washing our clothes for the last 13 years without incident. However the rear bearings are howling like an ol' hound. It's a sign...

I was warned it would never last as no front loader ever does but here we are. Technically it still is fine if I wanted to go through the hassle of pulling the tub and replacing bearings & seals. I do not.

So just looking for any recommendations from the lot of you who might have purchased a washer & dryer in the last few years. I trust BITOG users more than other outlets. You guys don't sugar coat anything.

Can't speak to the ability to repair it, but our LG Washer has been trouble free for several years now... And to the buy in the USA crowd, they are manufactured in Tennessee... So far we would also purchase another... Family has also had a decade+ of service with no service calls on their LG Washer and Dryer...

Can't speak to the ability to repair it, but our LG Washer has been trouble free for several years now... And to the buy in the USA crowd, they are manufactured in Tennessee... So far we would also purchase another... Family has also had a decade+ of service with no service calls on their LG Washer and Dryer...
This is just seeing like I'm buying another LG, lol

Our LG is still going strong after 14 years. Front loader. Replaced the shocks a few years back, which may have helped its life a bit. I would buy another.
Yeah same for us, matching LG front loader washer and dryer, about the same age. Washer has been fine. I replaced the circuit board on the dryer about 5 years ago as it would start any time the door closed.

LG. You got it right the first time.

We run a LG Inverter Washer and due to it's electronics, power it via a CyberPower Sinewave UPS Inverter for clean power isolation. Already had an event with local utility blackout and washer continued happily to run to completion.

Yeah same for us, matching LG front loader washer and dryer, about the same age. Washer has been fine. I replaced the circuit board on the dryer about 5 years ago as it would start any time the door closed.
Count me among the LG front loader faithful. We purchased ours around Christmas 2009, so it is also at ~14 years of faithful service. I have only had to replace the plastic hub which was a 15 minute job through an access panel on back. The new $12 part was upgraded with a metal gear insert to alleviate the wear on the original plastic gear.

I am impressed with the construction (e.g., gauge of sheetmetal, baked porcelain epoxy paint) of the LG washers of that era. Not only does the LG front loader save us 30% on water consumption compared to the classic Maytag top loader it replaced, it is much, much gentler on the clothes while retaining similar cleaning ability. To be honest, I hated the front loader washer for the first 5 years of ownership due to the mold buildup and accompanying odors even with keeping the door open 24/7. However, both problems were completely eliminated when we switched to Arm & Hammer powdered detergent instead of using liquid HE detergents.

Last edited:
I'm hearing lots of complaints about new washers. You might be better off to get the ol' LG fixed if you don't wish to do it yourself. See whether the parts are available first.

You could also look for a place that sells used appliances and see whether it will give you anything for the LG if you find a replacement LG there. For washers and dryers I buy used because I'm alone and I wash and dry only a couple of loads each week. The sheer expense of new stuff isn't worth it. The older stuff really was built better.

It's hard to tell if thats good or bad because its a little like knowing a car is 13 years old but but not knowing the mileage.

If you cant afford Speed Queen you certainly cant afford Miele.

IF I couldn't afford either I'd buy (and did for my rental) Electrolux before Id Buy samsung or LG.