Need a new clothes washer - does anyone make durable appliances anymore?

We just had to replace a 4 years old Whirlpool Cabrio washer as the bearings got super loud. 4 years seems like a joke to me.

Consumer Reports said the LG Brand washers are in the highest class for less repairs and most consumer satisfaction. Whirlpool was down in the third tier per Consumer Reports.

We just bought an LG from Lowe's. A five year warranty was about $160 and seemed a good buy.
You likely bought a good machine. JUST DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE OR ANYTHING TO PERFORM A SOFTWARE "UPDATE" FOR ANY REASON IF THE MACHINE IS RUNNING FINE.

We've had our LG set for probably 10 years now, use them every day during football and soccer seasons for the kids, no issues to date.

That's the one I just had hauled away. The motor is kinda loud, it vibrates the screws holding on the back panel. Does yours also wash everything in a puddle?
I don’t know about the GE top loader in the link, but a few GE top loader agitator models have a deep fill button you can hit 3 times. Each time adding 3 gallons of water.

+1 on Miele canister vacs! Lightweight ,easy to pull along as you vac........not that I use it that much. lol.
Well my Miele C3 Complete isn’t lightweight or easy to pull along. But it does do a great cleaning job and it is built like a tank.

That's the one I just had hauled away. The motor is kinda loud, it vibrates the screws holding on the back panel. Does yours also wash everything in a puddle?
It's very load and the agitator just push's the clothes around in a puddle.
But it does clean the clothes.
I will not buy another one or recommend it.
How old was yours?
Mine is about 6 months old.
And because it's a crappy machine it will probably out last me.

It's very load and the agitator just push's the clothes around in a puddle.
But it does clean the clothes.
I will not buy another one or recommend it.
How old was yours?
Mine is about 6 months old.
And because it's a crappy machine it will probably out last me.
We put up with it for 3 years. One day a few weeks ago I started it, tossed in a normal amount of clothes, and a few minutes later I heard it stop filling. I opened the lid and only 8 inches of water had entered the tub. It was was set on bulky, deep rinse, like always. Last straw.....NFM.com. The new one covers all the tub holes with water.

Back