Why i will never recommend Hyundai

That was a mistake on her part IMO. Dealers typically give bottom dollar for trade-ins. On a 6-7 year old car, there's little chance they would keep it to sell anyways-- they make more money on 3-4 year old previously leased vehicles.
They'll just auction it off.

They'll just auction it off.
They offered her 9k as a trade in towards a 2019 Gla 250, 30k miles, priced at $29k. I do not think that they'd offer her that much if they plan on selling it.

Checking cargurus, those Cars range from 14k to 17k. Wth?? That's ridiculous.

I had the exact same problem with my local (stealer) Lincoln dealer when I had problems with one of my Continentals. Got ripped off.

As for Hyundais, I’ve had two Sonatas, one Cadenza (Kia), one older 2009 Hyundai Genesis and now another 2021Genesis. Never had any problems with any of them.
They're certainly decent vehicles. With that said, most dealerships take incompetence to a whole different level. I understand new techs have to start somewhere, but a lot of those I have seen at dealerships are better suited to oil changes and brake/tire jobs than anything else. Then again, any idiot who pulls off a drain plug with a power tool shouldn't be anywhere near a vehicle.

Personally, with a situation like this, I would rise hell at the dealership until someone who's brighter than an ashtray can come forward and address the problem. Just because the dealership represents a certain brand does not mean the brand they are representing is 100% aware of the garbage that goes on at that particular dealership. Corporate would definitely get a call.

I had the exact same problem with my local (stealer) Lincoln dealer when I had problems with one of my Continentals. Got ripped off.

As for Hyundais, I’ve had two Sonatas, one Cadenza (Kia), one older 2009 Hyundai Genesis and now another 2021Genesis. Never had any problems with any of them.
Oh, I believe you. Got two buds with Konas Ultimate edition. Both 2020 1.6t. Both awd, I think they even have dct transmissions. One is at 80k, the other is nearing 200k(that dude stays driving) . Both run x-40 Mobil or Castrol from Walmart. Besides fluid changes, tires, pads and rotors, both cars have had 0 mechanical issues. And I mean 0 issues over all. 0 squeaks, 0 rattles, they have great power for a 1.6t.....that's impressive to me as I'm a Audi and German car fan.

Having driven plenty of 16 Tucsons, including my sisters 16 when it was new, comparing the Konas vs Tucson is like comparing a beetle vs a Audi A4. Honestly, they're that far apart interior, road feel, comfort......and obviously reliability.

They're certainly decent vehicles. With that said, most dealerships take incompetence to a whole different level. I understand new techs have to start somewhere, but a lot of those I have seen at dealerships are better suited to oil changes and brake/tire jobs than anything else. Then again, any idiot who pulls off a drain plug with a power tool shouldn't be anywhere near a vehicle.

Personally, with a situation like this, I would rise hell at the dealership until someone who's brighter than an ashtray can come forward and address the problem. Just because the dealership represents a certain brand does not mean the brand they are representing is 100% aware of the garbage that goes on at that particular dealership. Corporate would definitely get a call.
I will call corporate depending on what they say tomorrow. It's getting to a ridiculous point. They stated they removed 525mg out of the system before they removed the compressor. Replaced it, tested it. Good to go. Gave her the car back, she had issues, she took it back same day, the next day they stated they only evacuated 330mg out of the system due to a leaking issue.......EPA ain't go8ng to be happy.

Hyundai dealers have a certain smell to them.

Kia, too.
Yeah, like dealerships all across America of various makes. Even Ford is threatening their network of dealerships for price gouging thats occurred at some etc. As someone who owns VW, another easy and unwarranted target of brand trolling, you know these things are blown out of proportion.

Better blame Lincoln for that. ;)

Working on a few pdf files that she sent me. I want to edit them and omit dealer names, tech id's, etc.

Basically they're saying that 200mg of r134 leaked into the passenger compartment.

What’s happening is techs are leaving the industry at a rapid pace, so what you’re now getting is a lot of folks with inexperience (and they’ll leave too).

Let’s take a look at this AC problem. Compressor. If he worked as an HVAC technician, first off he’d be making $120,000 grand a year...and he’d happily tell you that you need an entire AC system, the works, and give you an estimate for $12,000. Instead, an automotive tech can’t do that, it exceeds the value of the car, PLUS, if he were to change the entire AC system he’d have to try do it in less than four hours, so he can make $60-$100 bucks. Meanwhile he’s going to really really struggle to no wits end to remove that evaporator and everything else.

On the flip side, the HVAC tech will make ten times more than that, have a helper and is a hero if he can finish the job in 3 days. His hands won’t get dirty, and his tools will consist of some simple hand tools, some gauges and a vacuum pump supplied by the HVAC company in their van (I’m speaking in generalities). The automotive tech will have $50,000 grand worth of snap on tools (that he paid for out of his own pocket), and half of them won’t work on this particular model, so he’ll have to go out and buy more.

And the automotive tech not only needs to be an HVAC technician, but also a mechanic that can diagnose oil consumption, an engine overheating and a misfire code. He’s basically a doctor🤣🤣, but a doctor that no one respects, and he’s making somewhere around the poverty level. Bottom line, take a 6 month HVAC course and make $120,000 grand a year in less than five years.

What’s happening is techs are leaving the industry at a rapid pace, so what you’re now getting is a lot of folks with inexperience (and they’ll leave too).

Let’s take a look at this AC problem. Compressor. If he worked as an HVAC technician, first off he’d be making $120,000 grand a year...and he’d happily tell you that you need an entire AC system, the works, and give you an estimate for $12,000. Instead, an automotive tech can’t do that, it exceeds the value of the car, PLUS, if he were to change the entire AC system he’d have to try do it in less than four hours, so he can make $60-$100 bucks. Meanwhile he’s going to really really struggle to no wits end to remove that evaporator and everything else.

On the flip side, the HVAC tech will make ten times more than that, have a helper and is a hero if he can finish the job in 3 days. His hands won’t get dirty, and his tools will consist of some simple hand tools, some gauges and a vacuum pump supplied by the HVAC company in their van (I’m speaking in generalities). The automotive tech will have $50,000 grand worth of snap on tools (that he paid for out of his own pocket), and half of them won’t work on this particular model, so he’ll have to go out and buy more.

And the automotive tech not only needs to be an HVAC technician, but also a mechanic that can diagnose oil consumption, an engine overheating and a misfire code. He’s basically a doctor🤣🤣, but a doctor that no one respects, and he’s making somewhere around the poverty level. Bottom line, take a 6 month HVAC course and make $120,000 grand a year in less than five years.
Lol…what? My brother is in HVAC and I have a few friends in HVAC and $50-70k is more like it for an HVAC tech annual salary depending on if they actually suck at their job and instead of trying to fix things just sell new systems. Also, on-call sucks and so do 140F attics in the middle of an heatwave and so do dirty dingy crawl spaces and so do rooftops at -15F in the middle of winter. The working environment and hours of an auto tech is positively civilized compared to that of an HVAC tech. Oh, a lot of HVAC techs have to buy their own tools as well.

I think if you're got an ounce of faith in any Kyundia, you're too far gone for anyone to reach. You're just not going to let yourself learn anything. Pygmalion Effect and all that deep rooted psychological stuff. Just enjoy the entertainment and shrug off the sympathy.

Lol…what? My brother is in HVAC and I have a few friends in HVAC and $50-70k is more like it for an HVAC tech annual salary depending on if they actually suck at their job and instead of trying to fix things just sell new systems. Also, on-call sucks and so do 140F attics in the middle of an heatwave and so do dirty dingy crawl spaces and so do rooftops at -15F in the middle of winter. The working environment and hours of an auto tech is positively civilized compared to that of an HVAC tech. Oh, a lot of HVAC techs have to buy their own tools as well.
Lol, if you’re brother (and friends) are HVAC techs in Massachusetts, and they’re making $50,000 a year…your friends and brother either owe YOU money (and they’re lying) or you haven’t talked to your friends and brother in ten years.

And repair HVAC? It’s been a tough year to even get parts. Luckily people have been going absolutely giddy over reverse heat pump systems and rebates. I’m not saying it’s a cake walk, but the pay in HVAC over the past two years has gone through the roof! And compared to automotive? You ever work in a shop in the summer? It’s 100 degrees in there almost every day - and that’s not including the heat from a warm engine. HVAC compared to automotive isn’t even comparable right now for pay. The US doesn’t even put an auto technician into the top 100 of paying careers in the US any longer. Grant money (Perkins funding) is not even supposed to go to automotive programs right now for training., because it’s not a viable trade/industry to invest in for a career. And it needs to change or no one will be fixing our cars.

Lol, if you’re brother (and friends) are HVAC techs in Massachusetts, and they’re making $50,000 a year…your friends and brother either owe YOU money (and they’re lying) or you haven’t talked to your friends and brother in ten years.

The only HVAC folks I know that make near or over 100K a year are the ones who sell really well on a high commission, like selling two AC unit/furnaces a day. Otherwise the websites online mirror what I've been seeing, ~$50-60k/year average for union HVAC tech.

Back