Why am I getting excited about changing my oil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get excited too man! Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would "show me the ropes" and we would change the oil in our family car......now I get depressed only doing it about twice a year the most! What gives? I dont know? I sure have this "oil addiction" also. I guess the only thing I can think of why I enjoy it so much, is because we pay SO much money for our vehicles, and want them to last a LONG time, so when we see fresh oil going into our cars engine, it is almost guaranteed assurance that we are doing what we can to make our engines last as long as we can? Someone else chime in please? -Ponch-

I fell off the wagon for a while. During 2004-2005 I really couldn't get into changing my oil. Every time I went to change it I'd say "I'll just change it next week". 8 months and 8000 miles later on dino I'd finally get to it.

The bug bit me again in 2006 and I haven't looked back.

Changing oil doesn't "excite" me in the least. Neither does changing the air filter, checking tire pressure,adding windshield washer fluid, changing wiper blades,cleaning the windows,etc,etc. I'm interested in the chemistry of oil and how it functions, but the physical act of pouring it in is just another part of the maintenance needed to keep a car running safely and efficiently.

I'm sick too. I'm driving, instead of flying, to SC this weekend just so I can change my oil sooner.
LOL.gif
19.gif

Ed B. - The only downside to the Fumoto IMO, is that it sticks a bit far into the oil pan. I use three blue fumoto washers (I asked for extras) so that it doesn't protrude as far into the pan. Check scoobymods.com for pics. They filed a little slot into theirs for oil drainage.
Maybe Fumoto has changed the size of the threads by now, I'm not sure.

-Dennis

I am getting a bit eager myself. I now have all my oil (bought a case), awestruck about my Fram Extended guard oil filter, and got my crush washers in my coin pocket.. Now, it's just a matter of finding a place to drop the oil if not my own garage...someone gimme a beat..

Last edited:
I wonder if after draining w/Fumoto unscrewing it will have more oil drain out.

As I said a few times, I do timed intervals for a few reasons, one is that it reduces the anxiety of counting miles to the next oc and of trying to determine the exact desired number of miles that is "best". I considered staggering the changes so there was basicly an OC every month to look forward to. In the end, I just put everyone on the same 3 months interval. It makes it easier to keep track and to change at the optimal time, right at the beginning of the various seasons. the hot/cold peak lay a month after the beginning of the summer and winter. I feel the oil is good at that point.

I did it this morning. Did the drop for my OCI. Ohh what a feelinggg when you're dancing on the ceiling... The filter was a mutha to remove as it required both hands and jacking the car up as high as it goes. WOW, I love doing OCIs with a passion that borders on madness..

Well my good deed for the day is done.
banana2.gif
At least for my Subaru anyway. Fresh supply of PP, new Pure One and an Auto-Rx maintenance dose. Checked for leaks, took a nice test drive, kicked some turbo boost in during the drive. Life is good
happy2.gif

Now I just have to wait a few months to do it all over again. Well, now that I think about it, my Dodge is about 600 miles away from it's next OCI, Yippee!!

Audi-Junkie, I was thinking about the threads of the Fumoto causing some leftover oil to remain, I did notice that right where the valve is located, the oil pan actually drops a good 3/8 of an inch so whatever may be left over is insignificant, at least in my application.

Ed B.
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back