Who makes the worst large truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not pick on Honda cause lets face it those aint trucks, and for this argument lets leave out all the compacts like Isuzu, Mazda, Mitsasushi
blush.gif
. With Ford being the truck king, Chevy Silverado being 2007 truck of the year, Tundra coming out with a killer truck this year, Nissan Titan which is a pretty solid truck, and Dodge which has the best deisel going, who makes a bad truck? All I have to say is the modern trucks out now are the highest quality lineup I've seen in a long time. It took me two years to finally pick one and I ended up just picking one based on price alone. I got a Silverado new body style and it's a pretty awesome truck and great 100k warranty. I test drove every truck and I hate to say it but the Ford drove the worst out of all of them, with the new Tundra being the nicest ride but way over priced. I wonder how long Ford is going to stay King with this lineup of trucks.

Ford supposedly is coming out with a new F-150 soon. They are giving them away around here for $12,995 for a work truck with a/c and manual transmission. I liked the interior of the Ford and Dodge best, but haven't seen the new Chevy yet inside. I guess it depends on what you use the truck for. For price, it's hard to beat Ford if you want a 6 cyl truck. I would say the worst one now is the Dodge, since it's the oldest design.

For 2009, there will be a new F-150. As tough as the competition these days, I would be willing to bet that Ford will build a knockout truck.

In reality, you can't go wrong with any full size. If I were going to buy a new full size tomorrow though, it would come down to either the Sierra or F-150.

First, I wouldn't call the Honda a full-size and second, it ain't bad for what most schlumps use a truck for...i.e. to own a truck and throw some c-rap in the back.

Speaking of ugly looking trucks, the Chevy isn't too much better. It kinda looks like it was sketched by a 4th grader.
grin.gif

I like the Fords but the bed is kinda high.....I'm not too tickled with any of the full-sizers. Maybe they are equally good but maybe they are equally missing something......I'll keep my Crudorado work truck for a while.....

Nissan makes the worst full size truck if you actualy intend to use it as a truck!They have had too many issues with axles,interior,NVH from silly things like door sills,door stricker, wind noise etc.......Their engine and transmissionis really nice and they drive well!Now if we could take a Ford frame, Toyota or Nissan Powertrain, Dana 60's front and rear, GM's seats, Dodges simple dash layout Lexus sound system,navigation and HVAC system we would have a perfect truck!Oh I definately want to keep Toyota's brakes and electrical system as well.

I agree on the Titan. It has a wonderful engine and transmission. I love driving those trucks. They just have too many little fit and finish problems that knock them out of the running for me though.

Based on the customers I know I can't find any who have had a Dodge longer than three years that has anything good to say about them. They still can't get an auto tranny to hold up. After fixing the Dana supplied rear axle, the Titans seem to be holding up well. I have yet to talk with a customer that has the previous Tundra to complain about reliability issues. They mostly wish for more room. I must give Ford credit for improving their build quality of the F-150. They have surpassed GM's quality by a wide margin based on the customers I know and the repairs that I have done to them. I have to say that GM took the Silverado that was at least pleasing to look at and replaced it with that new thing. Perhaps if they can fix their engines people will put up with the poor exterior looks. The new Tundra as well as the new Silverado are too new to say how each will hold up in the long run. The Honda should not be called a truck if you take a conservative view of what a truck is.

I have to say that Ford has done alot to try to keep their F-150 moving forward in quality. I am not a Ford fan per say but they deserve some credit in the 1/2 ton market for not making excuses and fixing some problems that they have had for years.
Dodge just hasn't been able to deliver a truck that can hold up to the task at hand. People buy them for their looks and huge interiors. It's designed to carry a really obese person in relative comfort. If it were not for Cummins; there would not be anything good about a Dodge truck.

Well from my experiance I had an 04 Titan which like everyone said has a great powertrain and there are just way too many probs with them. I now have an 07 150 screw which I love so far great build quality (way better than the Nissan IMO) My father has had his Dodge laramie for 3 years now and the only prob he has had was with the aftermarket remote start that the dealership had installed(not dodges fault). I must say I didnt think much of Dodges reliability but his has been perfect and it doesnt get any better than that. I dont think there is a worst I will never buy another Titan I know that much.

Nissan Titan is the worst one available. Its still gonna take Nissan a few years to fix it. They are more concerned about making money now then building a quality product.

they all put out a lemon now and then. the '93 F-150 i bought new was junk. my 2001 dodge with 95,000 miles on it has been absolutely stellar.

Dodge. 11 MPG driving reasonably. Unneccessarily huge middle cab seat between driver and passenger.

Am not against putting metal in a truck, just keep the proportions under control so it's not an aerodynamic brick wall...and have the bed and frame suitable for hauling of course.

Used to have a 91 dakota, there was a properly sized and put together truck.

I would have to say Nissan Titan. I have a couple of friends that bought them and Nissan had to buy them back because the trannys were junk.

Dodge by a wide margin. Family and friends with Rams have had absolutely terrible luck. Dakotas haven't been much better. I know only one person with a titan and it has been pretty pathetic as well.

To pick one, it also depends on WHAT you will need it for. Chevy for creature comfort and cruising around hauling light stuff and Ford for an actual work truck. That's why they ride a little stiff.

Heck if we want Class A/8 trucks then Freightliner has been a sory exfuse for a truck for decades!!! Kenworth,Mack,old "Western Stars" are all top notch. I like the newer Volvo's as well but not the older Volvo's.

In general we have had bad luck with Titans. And we have people that prefer the Dodge because of the Cummins engine. We have had good and bad Fords and GM/Chevy's. There have been Powerstrokes that run forever and are great and other Powerstrokes that we can't keep running, failed turbos, oil system failures, cooling problems, a lot of things you'd think would be basic design problems. The oil foaming drove us nuts until we figured out the cure. One PS Ford was so bad we gave it to a Ford service manager to take home for the week end and then the next week, back and forth to work. It came back with the foaming completely solved. The previous Ford anti-foam additive did nothing, and the service manager's solution....drum roll....Amsoil, end of problem (ps, I don't sell Amsoil). Now these 10 PS Fords in Phoenix run Amsoil. In the two years since, 3 of these 10 have tanked turbos, 4 have transmissions that go hunting, one had a complete electrical system melt down and one lost a diff. Right now they even added a few more because the dealers are almost giving them away. One guys vehicle budget that normally gets him a compact car got him a V10 truck with enough stuff to impress a Cadillac driver. He is really happy with his heavy duty truck and a couple of week ago he used it to haul the groceries home, including a picnic table, benches and an umbrella. So at least you can't say he is not using his truck to it's full advantage. He's not a poser, he is a real trucker, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back