Trying to identify who is the OEM of this 2019 F-350 Super Duty puck system 5th wheel hitch

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Ford makes an optional OEM 5th wheel/ gooseneck bolt on puck system hitch for its Super Duty trucks.

I thought my 2019 F350 Super duty had the Ford OEM puck system hitch. But a closer look shows 5th wheel pucks only, no gooseneck. I am trying to figure out who the OEM of the hitch is in the pictures below. If anyone knows- I would be grateful to find out.

PXL_20230628_130232955.jpg
PXL_20230628_130410608.jpg
PXL_20230628_125943108.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking it might be the discontinued Reese Fifth Wheel Installation Kit - Custom - RP30886.

Ahh, now I read it again. You want the plate to have the gooseneck hole in it, right?

Reactions: GON
If anyone cares why I was trying to idetify the hitch, I need a gooseneck configuration. Now that I know the manufacturer, Resse does make an above the bed gooseneck mount specifically for this hitch.

Reese Elite Series Above-Bed Gooseneck Trailer Hitch - 25,000 lbs​

Item # RP30845
canvas.jpg

Ahh, now I read it again. You want the plate to have the gooseneck hole in it, right?
RH, the FORD OEM and even the Reese replacement for what I have is the "right" way to go. I just didn't want to remove the bed to install a replacement hitch with both the 5th wheel and the gooseneck.

One plus of this design is that the gooseneck ball is stuck in the hole. But there are numerous disadvantages to this design. The biggest disadvantage is gooseneck ball height. With older gooseneck trailers and newer trucks that are taller than ever out of the factory, there is a risk of the gooseneck being too low to align with the ball. A undermount gooseneck is likely four inches lower than this Reese gooseneck mount. Does not sound like a big deal, but it could be a catastrophic failure if the trailer is not able to hook up to the truck.

I have selected the B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
Item # RVK3305 for the fifth wheel hitch.

What I have not been able to confirm by either B&W or Etrailer is if this B&W will work with Reese Fifth Wheel Installation Kit - Custom - RP30886. I believe it will, but boy if my assumptions are off, that is a real big issue.

Simply for reference incase someone comes across this issue. The below comment is not verified, but if accurate makes sense that the Reese puck system on a 2017-2019 F350 is seamlessly backward compatible with the Ford 2017-2019 OEM system.

""This is the same OEM kit Ford installs, which is confirmed by Reese tech to be made by them for Ford. The issue is that per the installation instructions the 'inner brackets shown in figure 4 should already be welded to the frame. If not you need to acquire these inner brackets from a local FORD dealer" that is a direct quote from install pdf.""

And a bit more information on the subject of Reese/ Ford:

""Question:

Looking to purchase a 2022 F-250 and the only difference between 2 trucks that I found is that one has the factory puck system and the other doesn't. Is it better to go with this Reese one or the OEM setup and is there really any difference? The aftermarket Reese would be cheaper but I just want to make sure I do this right. Thank you!
asked by: Anna
Expert Reply:

Great questions!

Reese actually makes the OEM puck system for Ford so if the 2022 F-250 is cheaper by a lot then I recommend going that route and installing the Under-Bed Rail and Installation Kit # RP87FR. The only thing you'll really be missing out on is an in-bed 7-Way socket but that can be added pretty easily if you install a wiring kit like the Bargman # 50-97-410-010.

If you don't already have a 5th wheel hitch then I recommend the Demco Hijacker Autoslide, 18K # DM8550024 or 21K # DM8550038 if you have a short bed truck so you can remain in the comfort of your truck cab when you need to make tight turns (you'll want to use the Lifting Bracket # DM6100 to install and remove the hitch).

Then for a long bed I recommend the B&W Companion, 20K # BWRVK3300 or 25K # BWRVK3305, because it's one of the highest-performing hitches that we have to offer and it's easier to remove than most other 5th wheel hitches because of how easy it is to separate the head and body from each other.""

Back