First tow in the truck.

So I'm not working to deflate the OP -- I'm just genuinely curious: how are these truck motors with GDI after some miles? Does GM call for walnut blasting or similar at certain intervals?

I also like the looks of the rig!

So I'm not working to deflate the OP -- I'm just genuinely curious: how are these truck motors with GDI after some miles? Does GM call for walnut blasting or similar at certain intervals?

No, it would seem GM does not have the problem wide spread. The Malibu is DI at 90,000 miles valves are clean as viewed by a borescope, just not an issue on the 2.0 LTG or it is very rare. The LT1 type engine has been direct injected since 2014 with no issues to speak of. This a bigger LT1 with an iron block. Used in the Corvette, Camaro, all the LT1 based trucks are DI. They have a good handle on it. 10 model years of DI V8s.

Reactions: D60

Intake valve deposits don't seem to be an issue on LTx based engines. I replace a lot of Injectors though (Open Coil). The other issues I see are with AFM/DFM which the 6.6L L8T doesn't have.
Though I do see a few Variable Oil Pump Solenoid failures a year.....Generally over 150,000 miles.

Intake valve deposits don't seem to be an issue on LTx based engines. I replace a lot of Injectors though (Open Coil). The other issues I see are with AFM/DFM which the 6.6L L8T doesn't have.
Though I do see a few Variable Oil Pump Solenoid failures a year.....Generally over 150,000 miles.
Thanks cline. I have seen the injector problem come up.

Back