Who is buying toyota 0W-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious as to who were buying 0W-20 toyota synthetic, what price they were paying, and what car that they were using it in? Thanks.

Last edited:
I want to use Toyota 0W20 but my local dealer wants $7.99/qt and didn't give discount for a case or two. A Toyota dealer in north of LA has discount once in a while to $5/qt, but they are too far.

I would mix Toyota 0W20 with M1 0W40 to get the low to mid 0W30 for all my cars, if I can buy it for around $5/qt. Currently I mix M1 0W20 with 0W40 to use in my E430.

I'm running it in my 2006 Civic, and I also pay $5.75 per liter for it. It's the cheapest 0w20 we can buy up here, but the main reason I like it is because it's the thinnest 0w20 commonly available.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

I would mix Toyota 0W20 with M1 0W40 to get the low to mid 0W30 for all my cars, if I can buy it for around $5/qt. Currently I mix M1 0W20 with 0W40 to use in my E430.

Interesting, what is the benefit of doing this vs buying M1 0W30?

I'm using it in my 2006 Lexus RX400h. Picked it up for $5.20 a litre (bought a case of four 4 litre jugs and asked my friendly parts guy for a discount) - it's the SM version.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

High viscosity index. My blend is is about 205 vs AFE at 167 yet they have a similar HTHS. Mine is 2.9 AFE is 3.0.

Originally Posted By: cp3
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

High viscosity index. My blend is is about 205 vs AFE at 167 yet they have a similar HTHS. Mine is 2.9 AFE is 3.0.

CP3 is right. I do the mixing so that I can get a thinner or thicker than AFE 0W30 with using difference ratio, also to get higher VI.

The VI of M1 0W20 is mid 170 and 0W40 is mid 180 vs 167 of 0W30.

Just called Cambridge and they sell bottles at $5.75 each but don't stock cases because they're using the oil in bulk in the shop.

Hi marting,

Of course the bottled oil is supplied to dealers from ESSO in 12L cases and 4 5jug cases.

As good as the 5.75/L price is I wonder what price they would sell you the bulk 0W-20 for if you supplied your own 4-5L jugs?

Originally Posted By: martinq
Just called Cambridge and they sell bottles at $5.75 each but don't stock cases because they're using the oil in bulk in the shop.

martinq, Heffner Toyota in Kitchener sells 1L bottles and 5L jugs if you are ever out this way.

Talked a local dealer into giving me a $4.99/quart price by the case. Bought 2 cases. Got it in my 2005 Civic so far with plans to put it in the girlfriend's 2010 Acura TL and her mom's 2011 CR-V. Probably gonna use up my 1 5-quart jug of PP 0W-20 in the CR-V once the free dealer maintenance is up, then switch it over thereafter if I can keep getting it at such an incredible price.

At a recent service of my Auris, I changed from Motul Eco-clean C2 0W30, to Toyota Genuine Formula XS 0W20. The difference was actually shocking. Free revving, less need to downshift and the consumption improved at least 5mpg. This was a great surprise given that the Motul is an extremely thin 0W30. This engine (1NR-FE) clearly needs thin oil and perhaps a dose of moly? It even seems to prefer the Formula XS over the Eneos 0W20 I had in previously. I think the Formula XS in europe/UK is XOM. Unfortunately, it cost $16-18/L. I try and pick it up cheap on eBay if possible. My other option in Honda Genuine 0W20 which i believe is Total made and substantially cheaper.

I now have 3 cases in my garage for the two new vehicles that spec it. The first case is SM purchased for $6.15/qt. The second two cases are SN that I just bought with my new Toyota van for $6.25/qt. FWIW, the parts manager said list was $7.25.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hermit
At a recent service of my Auris, I changed from Motul Eco-clean C2 0W30, to Toyota Genuine Formula XS 0W20. The difference was actually shocking. Free revving, less need to downshift and the consumption improved at least 5mpg. This was a great surprise given that the Motul is an extremely thin 0W30. This engine (1NR-FE) clearly needs thin oil and perhaps a dose of moly? It even seems to prefer the Formula XS over the Eneos 0W20 I had in previously. I think the Formula XS in europe/UK is XOM. Unfortunately, it cost $16-18/L. I try and pick it up cheap on eBay if possible. My other option in Honda Genuine 0W20 which i believe is Total made and substantially cheaper.

What about Motul Eco-lite 0w20?

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back