Who has the biggest Stash? (Or 'stache)

After years and years of being on BITOG, I wasn't aware that accumulating hordes of oil was a part-time hobby in this community. I tried searching in the search bar for biggest oil stashes, and it returned nothing. Why doesn't this thread exist? lol

Please show us (pic preferably) or describe your oil stash. Who has the grandest of them all? Who has the highest Quantity? Who has the most valuable stash if measured by cost of oil? 500 Quarts of redline vs 500 Quarts of $1 dollar tree motor oil? Makes a difference. Winner gets bragging rights. Go.

Bonus round, Who has the biggest Handlebar Mustache?

My stash consists of a half quart of Mobil 1 AFE 0w20. Up until last month I also had the remnants of a 5quart Motorcraft 5w20 bottle, but I used it up changing the oil in my snowblower.

There have been multiple threads over the years with pics.
Seems a new one comes up every 6 months to a year.

You will have a bunch that will say something along the line of "Walmart is my stash" or "what do you do when you sell the vehicle and can't use that oil anymore?', or "that is just stupid".

I don't have a current pic, here is one from about 2 years ago when I had 112 qts:
full-4879-30911-img_6265.jpg

I now have 161 qts, average cost is $0.52/qt

Last edited:
Studebaker on another thread stated he had 500 QUARTS. He also said that's more than he will use in his LIFETIME.

Those are personal questions, but ok.....182.5 qts of motor oil. 61 qts of transmission fluid according to spreadsheet. Lot of VME, RGT, and misc PP, and Mobil SSynth and others in PCMO. Trans fluid is mostly Aisin and Toyota T-IV. Lots of DELO400LE, T6, and others in the HDEO category with SM and SN ratings. Driving many more miles this year than last year so far. At this rate, many more oil changes will be happening.

I though this hoarder oils trend is over year years ago . Where you have so much oil that last 6-7 years . I remember back then most have a lot of oil but realize they won’t use most of them properly 4-5 years from now. Better to have fresh oil at auto part when ready for oil change . So most give it away . It’s was many years ago .

9A37BA50-8BF2-47C2-8631-033332A2A4D0.jpeg

Stocked up on Castrol 10W-40 GTX conventional for my truck in December 2019 at Walmart. They closed it out I still have most of it. Also have 6 quarts of Valvoline VR1 Racing oil 20W-50 at home on hand for the beetle. I usually pick up a quart each time I go to Rural King. I’m out of 0W-20 and 5W-20 and 5W-30. Also have 5 quarts of Pennzoil Conventional 10W-40 for our Ford van.

Back