Which Tire?

Having to look for tires for my wife's KONA. Its AWD, and putting it through tire racks decision maker, Its giving me three choices:
Bridgestone Weatherpeak
Michelin Cross Climate
Vredestein Hitrac

Not looking at the Michelin, so that one is out. The car is not really used much in snowy weather, but rain and dry are 2nd only to noise of tire. Which one of the other two would you pick? The Bridgestone seems to get good reviews, but its a newer tire. Both are probably a bity noisier than a summer performance tire and whatnot, but anything has to be quieter than the goodyear Eagle Touring, which are the loudest tires I've ever had on a car. Other suggestions?

out of the original 3 i would pick the Cross Climate 2, out of your original 3 eliminating the CC2 as you did i would pick the bridgestone.

It would be helpful to have a better understanding of your priorities and why you eliminated the Michelin - was it because you don't like the directional pattern or are you opposed to any Michelin.

Based on the information given so far I'd look at the pilot sport as4.

Strange that tire decision logic suggests all weather (all seasons with 3MPSF - snow rated) tires. Seems that you rate winter performance higher than you claim in the post. Lower winter performance requirements and see what is recommended.
Just a suggestion.

Krzyś

Having to look for tires for my wife's KONA. Its AWD, and putting it through tire racks decision maker, Its giving me three choices:
Bridgestone Weatherpeak
Michelin Cross Climate
Vredestein Hitrac

Not looking at the Michelin, so that one is out. The car is not really used much in snowy weather, but rain and dry are 2nd only to noise of tire. Which one of the other two would you pick? The Bridgestone seems to get good reviews, but its a newer tire. Both are probably a bity noisier than a summer performance tire and whatnot, but anything has to be quieter than the goodyear Eagle Touring, which are the loudest tires I've ever had on a car. Other suggestions?
The Vredestein looks like a good option.. Think I saw it reviewed in a leading Consumer Magazine. It seems to sell out pretty quickly. Don’t know how quick a warranty claim would be handled due to being exclusive to maybe TR. I wanted a set, but they were out of stock when I needed them.

It doesn't matter how I put it. I can put no winter traction option and it still shows those three tires. I think it keys on the awd? I don't care for the Michelin because of reports of noise, poor longevity, and I don't really need the snow traction, living here in Arkansastan.

Weird.

I ran it with the following options:

all seasons

5 on noise, wet and dry and one not eh others and got:

Extreme Contact DWS06 plus
RE980AS+
PSAS4.

if snow / cold performance really doesn't matter run it as "summer".

Are Michelin Defenders available in your size?
Yes, as there are also 3 different Michelin primacy tours as well, I don’t know the real difference in them. I had those on my tucson, they weren’t bad, but like oe, a bit noisy, and didn’t last long. Replaced them with a conti lx25 and those are the quietest tires I e ever had on a vehicle.

One of the Primacy Tours is a Volvo OE, one is a Different Tread (suspect also someones OE) and the other is the standard replacement is what i figured out.

And also the Volvo and the DT one are XL the other is SL.

I think they must have changed their site i swear it used to say all the OEs a tire had like Mercedes MO and BMW/Mini Star.

Last edited:
Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2.
The reason for this choice is that, I put a set on my former 2017 Ford Escape SE 2.0. They were quite and really good in wet conditions.

Back