Tires for my CR-V (P225/65R17)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In May 2011, my very good friend bought a new, '11 Chevrolet Equinox that came with these Michelin Latitude in 225-65-17 and well, he loves the whole vehicle including the Michelin's

I mentioned to him that he should stay with these Latitude's when he replaces the tires when they finaly ware out. He has been buying from the TR and buying tires on my recomendation.

The Latitute's aren't cheap but, I think they'll be worth the money. We'll have to see how the OE Latitude's hold up over time!

If he likes his as much as I like mine, I'm sure he'll be a repeat customer. He's got the 100T version, which is P225/65R17, and I have the 102T version, which is 225/65R17 (without the leading 'P'). CR-V owners seem to buy either one, and are happy with both versions.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
If he likes his as much as I like mine, I'm sure he'll be a repeat customer. He's got the 100T version, which is P225/65R17, and I have the 102T version, which is 225/65R17 (without the leading 'P'). CR-V owners seem to buy either one, and are happy with both versions.

Well, he'll be a repeat customer if I push him in that direction. Even though he'll spend good money on a vehicle, he often cheapens out on the afteremarket items that are being replaced such as tires/brakes. Unless I drill it into his brain!

Last edited:
Consumer Reports tested light truck/SUV tires last year, and their top FIVE tires all had the same aggregate score, 72 out of 100. Those top five, in the order listed in the CR table, are the Michelin LTX M/S2, the Michelin X Radial LT2, the Continental CrossContact LX20, the Michelin Latitude Tour HP, and the Michelin Latitude Tour. All five of these tires were rated the same for winter performance. All had the "Very Good" bubble for snow traction and all had the "Good" bubble for ice braking. There were some differences between the top five, but no difference was more than slight. All had either Excellent or Very Good for dry and for wet braking, and for hydroplaning resistance and for noise. All had either Very Good or Good for handling and for ride comfort. Rolling resistance on all was either Good or Very Good. Tread life is the only metric where there was more than a "one step" difference. The Michelin LTX M/S2, X Radial LT2, and Latitude Tour all scored Excellent. The Continental CrossContact LX20 and Michelin Latitude Tour HP both scored Good.

As you can imagine, different tires among the five scored slightly better than others depending on the metric measured, but again, the aggregate score of all five was 72, meaning any of the top five are excellent choices.

Even #6 and #7 in the table, the Hankook Dynapro HT and Nokian WR G2 Sport Utility respectively, both scored 70. #8, at 68 points, was the General Grabber HTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back