Which oil in Civic Type R K20C1

I have a Honda Civic type r from 2016. this is a direct injection turbo . Honda recommends ACEA A3/ /A5
0w20/0w30,5w30

I have now 360 bhp and 525nm of torque. ( Stock ist 306 bhp /400nm )
Which engine oils would you prefer ? Amsoil ,Motul or mobil or anything else? Thanks a lot for your opinions.

phil

Wait, Honda had a Civic Type R in 2016? Where has the time gone?? I feel like it was just released a couple years ago!!!

Would you be against using something like any of the name brands you listed in the 5W40 flavor? You are asking alot from that little motor esp being turbo and making more HP and TQ then stock...

If not then a "thick" 5W30 i would run that meet specs.. I dont think i would touch a 0W20..

This is just my opinion, im sure other will chime in soon.

I would use M1 FS 0w-40. But many would not recommend to use it in a direct injected turbo due to the ash levels. But seems to work good anyway since Honda dealer using this oil in Finland. Includes the 1.5 and the type r

Really? Most of people would not use 0w40 Mobil fs, because it is full saps. But my car can use full saps engine oil , but I do not know how it is with the valves and sulfated ash. Manthey Racing used only Mobil 1 0w40 always in the 24h of Nurburgring and spa. What thinking the other people?

Please noticed the correct Mobil 1 ( fs or exp ) . Some user in forums would only use mid saps engine oils.
Thanks

I'd vote for mid SAPS 5W-30/0W-40/5W-40 with VW 511 00 and/or Porsche C40 or BMW LL-04
and/or MB 229.51 at least. M1 X3 0W-40 0W-40, M1 ESP 5W-30, Ravenol RUP 5W-40, REP 5W-30
and similar.
That said power is huge for this engine and even more so 525 Nm is excessive for this gearbox,
perhaps too much for it. I'd suggest doing a gear oil change to remove contaminants if haven't
done that so far.
Where are you from? Oil choice depends on market, even more so prices. Europe is different to
US/Canada or OZ/NZ.

I am from Germany. We have no speed limit. And sometimes I drive on the nordschleife. I only use by all cars of me Mobil 1 new life and Mobil 1 fs 0w40. No problems !

I am from Germany. We have no speed limit. And sometimes I drive on the nordschleife. I only use by all cars of me Mobil 1 new life and Mobil 1 fs 0w40. No problems !

Good old autobahn. Out of curiosity, do you guys have a lot of fatalities/crashes on it? Are the roads very well maintained for those speeds? All I have to go off of are internet videos.

So now I have ordered mobi 1 fs 0w40. I will use it in my dayli civic 1.8 and in my type r, too. So I can sleep very good…

Today I have installed my Wagner intercooler and I have changed the engine oil ( 7 litres) with Mobil 1 fs 0w40. If I had time I would tell you my impressions of that.

Temperatures have decreased significantly with the Wagner intercooler. Now I'm back and forth considering whether I should take a midsaps oil after all.? Mobil 1 somehow gives me the most security! Appearance on paper does the amsoil Signature Series best for me ...Difficult decision

Hello again.
Yesterday i was in the racetrack. The Maximum oil Temperature was 117Celsius. I think this mobil 1 0W40 is good enough. Sole People Tell me 5W50 can be good for my Engine , too….
What do you think ?

Sole People Tell me 5W50 can be good for my Engine , too….
What do you think ?

I think you should read one or two of 500 (or 5000?) 'thick or thin' discussions here.
It probably doesn't matter which, they all tend to be (and end) the same.
I'm wondering why you'd even consider Amsoil when you have Ravenol RUP 5W-40
w/ VW 511 00 and Porsche C40 approvals available in your country for decent prices.
It should suit your requirements nicely.
At 525 Nm (not 'nm', as that's Nanometer) I'd worry more about the gearbox anyway.

The Ravenol is very expensive, i have not Seen better analysis from this Engine oils. I have heard that mid or low saps is only for DPF or GPF. For this Cars Which have no particle filters full saps will be the „better Engine oil“ or?

The Ravenol is very expensive, i have not Seen better analysis from this Engine oils. I have heard that mid or low saps is only for DPF or GPF. For this Cars Which have no particle filters full saps will be the „better Engine oil“ or?
UOA do not provide a means of making a comparative quality analysis between oils.

That was explained back here:

Back