Which club are YOU in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am partial to SOPUS products and Mobil 1 0w40. If i can get SOPUS top shelf offerings at a blowout price like $2-3 a qt i will buy the lot otherwise i buy what i need.

It is interesting to see what people put.

I try to look at how the different oils compare and select depending on the application.

I've been pretty loyal to M1 over the past decade in the cars and trucks that I have owned, had a short affair with Redline in my Corvette and there's still Redline 75W-90 in the diff of that vehicle. Shell Rotella T5 in my Kubota diesel tractor, although I have only owned that for a few years. Way back I was a hard core Pennzoil guy, shyed away when they got acquired by Soapus, and am back to them in my small engines because of the inputs by members of this forum. Had used Havoline and Castrol GTX in small engines in the past, also depended on what straight 30 was avaiable at Wal-Mart.

I have my preferences, but those preferences have been formulated by a combination of good marketing (especially in the case of M1) and by the opinion members here and of acclaimed people (engine builders and tuners) tossing aroung their opinion. In the case of industrial lubricants (in my profession), Mobil and accept no substitutes. This is because of sterling performance (through both chemical analysis and anecdotal evidence) and sterling support, from ExxonMobil especially and their distributors secondarily.

i started off as a pyb guy, then when i acquired performance cars switched to mobil 1. used that a few years. then i bought a mustang GT and procharged it. the car had motorcraft 5w20 syn blend since new so i stuck with it and loved it. now i use whatever synthetic/dino im itching to try.

My armada has been on a steady M1 diet. the f150 gets MS5k/trop artic/motorcraft, depending on what i feel like. the S had M1 its whole life according to records, so i scared it an put in EDGE FST because it was on sale

Last edited:
I'm in the "thought I had settled on brand and OCI but the more I read the less I feel like I know and now I have no idea what I am doing or even who I am anymore"...club.

This all I put in my vehicles for the last 45 yrs
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Seeing as how I'm new to choosing specific oils I can't say I'm loyal to one. I'll likely try different ones over the next few years and see which works best in mine.

I have used a lot of different brands over the years. Lately I have been a Mobil and Pennzoil user. I always run a good filter like a Napa gold and will go out of way to make sure I have a quality filter but will buy oil on sale if I know its good stuff and the price is right.

I really have no loyalties.

For the cars,currently on the shelf,

Chevron Supreme
Pennzoil
Quaker State
Quaker State Ultimate Durability
Pennzoil Platinum
Pennzoil Ultra
M1

For the Dirt Bikes,

Rotella T

For the truck,

Mobil Delvac
Delo 400
Valvoline Premium Blue

Over the years I have run just about every major brand oil out there. The last few years though I have been a SOPUS fan. I don't care much if it's on sale or not. Just that it be readily available. QSUD is in the sump at the moment. Though my next OCI Im going to try either some Defy or Pennzoil HM.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Over the years I have run just about every major brand oil out there. The last few years though I have been a SOPUS fan. I don't care much if it's on sale or not. Just that it be readily available. QSUD is in the sump at the moment. Though my next OCI Im going to try either some Defy or Pennzoil HM.

I've got defy in my 5.0 right now. I've got nothing to compare it to as I just got the car however I put it in my hemi a month or so ago and now at 3000 miles the oil is still a golden colour,not blackened much at all.
This winter when running pp and AFE they were black by this point,if it means anything.
I did notice the engine is a bit more quiet than the eneos I had in it last and seems a bit less rev happy compared to the eneos however I have no real complaints.
WM puts qsud/pp/PYB on sale all the time but never defy. Too bad

I buy whatever interests me when I get bored.

Right now its Co-Op branded oils.

Shortly its going to be whatever 0W-20 is on sale for winter.

Was primarily a rebate guy but became a Valvoline fan because of the rebates. Now I buy when Valvoline is on sale or on a MIR

Kendall GT1 range of oils for me, favourite is 5w-20 with titanium. Mazda 3 loves it.
Love Mobil 1 5w-30 & also use Castrol Edge 0w-40. Last 2 interchange in my Ford Falcon XR6 Sedan, Turbo 245 Kilowatts power.

I only buy oil & filters on sale/rebates. Haven't paid full retail in years.

That said, since I maintain 5 vehicles, I've got a stash of M1, GC, Pennzoil Plat, Formula Shell, Mobil Super 5000 & Service Pro, all purchased through deals I was made aware of via this forum. Thanks Tenderloin & others!

I search for:

* Closeouts/Discounts/Rebates...When I first discovered BITOG, I searched the-Products, Rebates, Promotions Section and found lots of Mobil 1 and other syn & dino oils for .50 cents to $2

* Free After Rebate(FAR) on oils such as PEAK w/ProLine filters and many QS oils from W*M and other similar deals on oils.

* In store coupon for oil(s) already on sale...Add'em up with being on sale in the store, using the instore coupon and, catching a MFG Rebate. Sometimes, a double rebate(store rebate & MFG Rebate). I some cases, I have actualy made money on the deal! Not alot, maybe $9 bucks
laugh.gif

I am not loyal but, I do prefer the name brand oils including popular store brand oils such as SuperTech, AAP, ProLine etc. that are held in high regard here at BITOG.

Same for filters.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I search for:

* Closeouts/Discounts/Rebates...When I first discovered BITOG, I searched the-Products, Rebates, Promotions Section and found lots of Mobil 1 and other syn & dino oils for .50 cents to $2

* Free After Rebate(FAR) on oils such as PEAK w/ProLine filters and many QS oils from W*M and other similar deals on oils.

* In store coupon for oil(s) already on sale...Add'em up with being on sale in the store, using the instore coupon and, catching a MFG Rebate. Sometimes, a double rebate(store rebate & MFG Rebate). I some cases, I have actualy made money on the deal! Not alot, maybe $9 bucks
laugh.gif

I am not loyal but, I do prefer the name brand oils including popular store brand oils such as SuperTech, AAP, ProLine etc. that are held in high regard here at BITOG.

Same for filters.

I would love to see you on "Extreme Couponing" motor oil edition!

I look for rebates as well but most of the time I'm a PU or M1 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back