Where is Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are looking for Mobil Delvac 1 or SUV oil why not buy it a a warehouse that specializes in Mobil commercial lubricants? The warehouse in my town stocks every Mobil lubricant that you can think of except the marine oils and sells to the public as long as you buy a full case of oil.

I found Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel oil at Murray's Auto Parts in Toledo for $5.79 qt, and Delvac 1 at the T/A Truck Stop in Stony Ridge, OH for $31.00 a gallon. Do the math, I'm going with the M1 Turbo since it's the same formula.

Any reports whether they've been able to find it at Autozone yet?

I've checked 2 Walmarts and asked the staff here in NJ and none knew what I was talking about.

I checked my local Auto Barn and they don't have it yet. You can order it from their website. I'm sure it will be in stores soon.

Joe

Since I bought that small supply of TDT I have done three oil changes with the stuff. I changed my boyfriends 6.5 to it. I did a change for my boyfriends dad. And one for my uncle's 7.3 powderchoker. I was flat out the otherday and have four guys after me for oil services. I have to say I never used murray auto before this but now I am there every weekend. I went there two days ago and bought five cases. I was surprised they had that much un stock. But they did. They told me they have been selling the **** out of it. The only problem I have is I wish I could get it in gallon jugs.

kc

wow! your boyfriend sure is lucky. He'd be crazy to give you up. I am glad to see you take such an active interest in maintenence.

I can't switch to M1 t&suv for about 5-6 more months.

Yes he's one lucky lucky man to have my oil stash. LOL. Thanks for your comment about me being interested in maintenence. I should be as I am ASE certified in light and heavy duty gasoline engine and light, medium, and heavu duty diesel repair. I am not afraid one bit to get up to my elbow deep in dirt, grease, and grim. I can say your tdi will love you for the M1 after your warrenty is over. My 84 vw rabbit luves the stuff. And so does my new addition to my fleet. My new baby is a 2000 A4 Jetta TDI with 382,745 miles on the clock and still going strong and luves the M1 I just put in her.

KC

Hi KC,

That's great, ASE certified, I give you a lot of credit. I haven't figured out how to change my username yet. I sold the TDI last year, actually, it sold itself - it was a great car, getting 53mpg. I've always wanted a Dodge Ram 3500 with the Cummins Turbo Diesel and picked it up 6 months ago. Oh man, I love that truck, err, engine. I still have 5 or 6 cases of the 5w-40 T&SUV stashed from the VW and I can't use it in the Cummins until I have about 20,000 miles. I don't tow and use it as a daily driver, so I'm sure it will take a long time to break in. Good Luck!!

Joe

Today I spoke with a representative from Empire Oil Company in Riverside CA -- the Mobil distributor for southern California.

I asked him about his customers in San Diego County -- an auto parts house or service station that buys Mobil 5w40 from him and sells it to retail customers. He started to list places that sell Mobil Delvac 1.

I told him I knew where to get Delvac, but was interested in finding a source for Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck. He claimed he had never heard of it. I told him to visit the Mobil 1 website.

I don't blame him for not knowing about this product that he is supposed to sell. I blame Exxon-Mobil for really screwing up the distribution of this product.

Today I again called the Mobil 1 hotline. I told the guy that their SoCal distributor's representative for San Diego had never heard of Turbo Diesel Truck. He blamed the distributors and the auto parts chains for not educating themselves about Mobil's products.

He gave me part numbers for Autozone and NAPA. I called the Autozone where I've been going weekly -- ever since I was told by the hotline that AZ would have M1 TDT "by the end of September." The guy I spoke to knew who I was, and informed me that, not only have they not heard anything about it becoming available, but they have no way to special-order it. Oh, and that part number? it was no good.

Then I called probably the largest NAPA outlet in San Diego. The part number for NAPA was also no good.

But... a computer search showed 280 quarts of Mobil 5w40 in the LA warehouse. So I drove over there and special-ordered 30 quarts -- I had to pay in advance. It should be delivered to the store tomorrow.

I am very curious to see what I get. Will it be the discontinued Truck & SUV? Or will it be Turbo Diesel Truck? If it's TDT, why would they hide it in the warehouse and not ship it out to the stores? But I'm getting ahead of myself -- it's probably going to be T&SUV.

I keep trying. Still have not seen it anywhere in the north Orange County area. I ask to special order it and it seems no one can do it! I did my last change with Royal Purple. I just bought some Rotella T Synthetic for this change. Maybe one day Mobil will pull it's head out and get some oil on the shelves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back