Where Have You Seen KENDALL>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namely the full synthetic, but lately...just Kendall period!
dunno.gif

I noticed it was big with Firestone Service Centers, but I tried Pep Boys, Advance, NAPA, and Auto Zone, ans there wasn't a drop of any flavor.

I recall years back it was pretty well thought of, and had that wonderful green tint. They actually had a full synthetic YEARS before synthetic was everywhere. It was called Kendall "ELITE" & was a 5-50 vis. Pretty interesting 20 years ago.
cool.gif

I know they are now part of C-P family, but they sure seem to keep it a secret.

I found Kendall in my crankcase.

It was a couple years ago when I had new tires put on my lil' Saturn. The tech was told to change the oil, too. I never told them to change the oil. Being a BITOG'er, I wasn't all too elated.

Kendall increased noise, vibration and harshness so I dumped it for another oil.

AutoZone down in my area always has it. Its a decent oil.

Big Lots still has the Kendall Synthetic Blend for $1.49 and they had about 60 quarts on the shelf.

FWIW...In the Vermont are I've seen Kendall oil at Bond Auto Parts IIRC - I'm not sure how big an outfit they are though, perhaps just N.E. region.

In the thumb of Michigan the Auto Value store I frequent has it. They also have Wolf's Head, Quaker State, Valvoline, Mobil, and Pennzoil

But, they tell me they sell more of the store brand "Parts Master" oil than anything which states made by Ashland Oil right on the label.

Thanks guys... We have some O'Reilly's around Atlanta now, and a ton of Big Lots. I'll scout around... Doubt I would run it over my GC or Royal Purple, but maybe just once pass for ol' times sake.
grin.gif

It's in my car too, the GT1 "semi-syn." A local hardware retailer, "VALUE," carries it in the Buffalo, NY area and puts it on sale for about $1.40 a quart once in a while. My local Autozone also carries it, but I think the company has gone through some turbulent change of hands in recent years. SUNOCO owned them for a while, then I saw they are with CONOCO-PHILLIPS now, so there may be some geography issues...

Hmmm, gotta make a BigLots run. I've seen it maybe once or twice but can't remember where. Certainly not at the Advance or WallyWorld I frequent.

The CircleK here in Corvallis OR carries it. These places usually sell them at a higher price though.

If you're around the Atlanta Airport, by the Georgia convention center, right next door, E.L. Johnston auto parts carries the full line, and they're great people to boot!

Unless I'm mistaken this isn't much different from the other Conoco/Phillips/76 oils. I'd consider it interchangable but wouldn't hunt for it with TropArtic selling at such attractive prices at Wally World.

I know a lot of folks used to run it in their air cooled Harley Shovelhead motors.

Straight 70 weight called Nitro 70.

I also recall it having a very greenish tint.

We used to call it "Nectar of the Gods"

Only a couple of lube and tire places around here. Haven't really went to some of the smaller auto parts stores to look for it. Wally World has the TropArtic but not in 5w20 and Motorcraft in all flavors, and the Big Lots around here don't carry any oil to speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back