Where do you usually buy your meat?

For chicken, ham, lunch meats it is at the Grocery Store.
For beef and other pork products I buy at a butcher store. I like their quality/taste better.

How about you?

Family owned grocery store with a butcher shop in it.

Local place in Grass Valley/ Nevada City called SPD.

I buy my meat wherever they sell pudding. Reason being you can't eat your pudding without eating your meat.

Most of you that probably went "whooooosh."

Anyway, we are in a suburb of Charlotte, NC, so get most everything at 1 of 4 or 5 grocery stores (my wife has her favorites for different items.) We do have some butcher shops, but really only get meat there on special occassions. Pricey......

Rarely buy raw meat (pun intended). Maybe one burger patty or pack of chicken breasts every 2-3 months when I get a craving. Otherwise, the meat comes already prepared or at least cooked. I don't think there there are any standalone butchers around here anyway.

We take a cow to a local meat processor and have it custom processed.
I have that option because I know some people that raise cattle however I really don't have any place to store all that meat

I have that option because I know some people that raise cattle however I really don't have any place to store all that meat
We have a deep freezer and 2 regular size freezers but still give half the meat away to friends and family for our cost.

For whole chickens we butcher our own. We still end up buying packs of frozen chicken breasts and thighs from Aldi throughout the year.

For beef we usually buy half a cow from neighbors when they send several off to be processed.

We eat a lot of deer(usually 5 a year)in this family. Depending on size they can either got to the butcher shop or I’ll cut it up myself.

Whatever turkey I get in season gets processed at home.

Any lunch meat comes from the grocery store. We don’t eat a lot of pork but it usually comes from the store as well.

I buy my meat wherever they sell pudding. Reason being you can't eat your pudding without eating your meat.

Most of you that probably went "whooooosh."

Anyway, we are in a suburb of Charlotte, NC, so get most everything at 1 of 4 or 5 grocery stores (my wife has her favorites for different items.) We do have some butcher shops, but really only get meat there on special occassions. Pricey......

For whole chickens we butcher our own. We still end up buying packs of frozen chicken breasts and thighs from Aldi throughout the year.

For beef we usually buy half a cow from neighbors when they send several off to be processed.

We eat a lot of deer(usually 5 a year)in this family. Depending on size they can either got to the butcher shop or I’ll cut it up myself.

Whatever turkey I get in season gets processed at home.

Any lunch meat comes from the grocery store. We don’t eat a lot of pork but it usually comes from the store as well.
I like how you meat eaters think!

I usually use a local supermarket chain that has a great meat dept and sales too. My son buys a half a cow at at a time for around $4.50 a lb and is trying to get me involved.

Back