Roast Beef in a Can

I guess its handy for once in a while, but precooked stuff isn't the greatest for you...
Sometimes the boys and I get a hankering to eat a lot of beef, so we buy an "Eye of round" roast for $6-7/lb, slice it up into ~3/4" steaks with a good sprinkling of montreal steak spice or salt and pepper on both sides, and cook rare to med rare on the bbq... Throw in a few green beans floating in beef juice to keep mom happy.
Then we eat all we can, and lounge around like lions after a nice kill for the evening.... Gets our carnivore urges sated for a while.
If you don't have a bbq handy, a cast iron pan on the stove works good too, but there will be a bit of smoke if you have the pan hot enough.

My brother sent me a photo of an empty box of a hamburger patties he saw behind the cafeteria at University of North Texas (aka, North Texas State). I've since lost the image but the label read, "Grade D, but edible."

It sounds terrible I know, but I'm telling you guys, it's delicious. All you do is warm it up in a pan. It's already fully cooked with its own broth.

It tastes just like the shredded beef they put in tacos at a Mexican restaurant. I wish I could buy the stuff. I get it from my church and they won't let me buy it from them. All of their food gets trucked in from Utah. I wish I good buy the Koch frozen chicken breasts too, but it comes from Utah.

I'm putting this out there in case any of you have seen these items in California. Let me know if you do.

LINK & LINK
The problem is that it probably contains sodium nitrate and nitrite which is terrible stuff. Along with other preservatives.

Back