Roast Beef in a Can

It sounds terrible I know, but I'm telling you guys, it's delicious. All you do is warm it up in a pan. It's already fully cooked with its own broth.

It tastes just like the shredded beef they put in tacos at a Mexican restaurant. I wish I could buy the stuff. I get it from my church and they won't let me buy it from them. All of their food gets trucked in from Utah. I wish I good buy the Koch frozen chicken breasts too, but it comes from Utah.

I'm putting this out there in case any of you have seen these items in California. Let me know if you do.

LINK & LINK

i-like-turtles-zombie-kid.gif

I'd love to know how much sodium is in a can of that stuff?

I checked on Kroger roast beef in a can. A 12oz can for $6. Each can has two servings. Each serving has 740mg of sodium. It’s a lot.

So for over $9 a pound is it worth the convenience? Even deli sliced roast beef might be cheaper?

I checked on Kroger roast beef in a can. A 12oz can for $6. Each can has two servings. Each serving has 740mg of sodium. It’s a lot.

So for over $9 a pound is it worth the convenience? Even deli sliced roast beef might be cheaper?
I buy boneless, center cut Sirloin steaks at Wal-Mart, 2 to a pack for $10.00 to $13.00 depending on size and weight. They're the most tender, delicious steaks I've ever ate. Better than Filet Mignon.

They grill beautifully. My wife marinades them the night before. She can only eat 1/2 of one. I end up eating mine, and what's left of hers. There is no way I'm going to pay $6 for a 12 ounce can of pre cooked, salty meat.

I could see it if I was single, once in a while for a quick bite. But even then, it takes so little effort to grill a nice steak, I doubt I would bother.

Serving size is ridiculous. 1/4 cup? That's like 2 or 3 forks worth.

nutrition_en.5.400.jpg
So... There is 120 mg of sodium in a "1/4 cup" serving, and you get "7 servings" per can. (You have to invite really small people for dinner). That's 840 mg of sodium per can. I wonder what kind of cow this stuff is made from?

I've often heard that old milk cows that are no longer producing enough milk, are slaughtered. They're often referred to as, "Cutters & Canners". Nothing is wasted. It's possible to tenderize shoe leather.

So... There is 120 mg of sodium in a "1/4 cup" serving, and you get "7 servings" per can. (You have to invite really small people for dinner). That's 840 mg of sodium per can. I wonder what kind of cow this stuff is made from?

I've often heard that old milk cows that are no longer producing enough milk, are slaughtered. They're often referred to as, "Cutters & Canners". Nothing is wasted. It's possible to tenderize shoe leather.

Back