Where do you buy your electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Kenwood 6 CD changer on our home component system died last night. I have looked at Amazon and Best Buy for a replacement. Looking for other suggestions on where to shop. Where does everyone go to shop for home stereo equipment?

Ebay, pawn shops - you can find a steal
Sometimes local too..

You can get a lot for the money, then going new and most of the time a lot worse

Last edited:
Amazon
I just picked up two nice Samsung portable blue-tooth speakers. About $150 each. Now all the music on my iphone (or my wife's) or ipad (or my wife's) can be played anywhere with great sound.
Or from our computers.

They can stay in the house, go to the patio or vineyard.

Amazon, Newegg, BH Photo Video, JR.com, ABT.com

I typically stick to Amazon, even if they're a few bucks more expensive because their customer service and return policy are hard to beat.

^ What Pete said, minus ABT, and plus Crutchfield.
smile.gif

Oh and plus Audio Advisor!

I can't imagine any new cd changer would be all that great. Either total junk or Audiophile-priced gold-plated fufu stuff.

But there are wear parts like belts that can dry up on used middle-of-the-road ones. The changer mechanisms can be surprisingly complicated.

Amazon is where I'd probably wind up. But check your local craigslist.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
^ What Pete said, minus ABT, and plus Crutchfield.
smile.gif

Oh and plus Audio Advisor!

What they said !

B&H is highly competitive on all brands but really discount Onkyo and Sony, have been buying from them for years (along with Cruchfield and Amazon)

My wife reluctantly hands me the Audio Advisor sales circular
whistle.gif

Costco and Amazon are where I usually end up buying. The internet is where I search for the best deal.

tigerdirect.com

Tiger Direct is mostly a computer retailer, but they have a lot of other stuff, including home and car electronics. I buy computers and computer components for my company and for my personal use from them (at least 10 orders a year), and have always been very satisfied with price, quality and service.

Originally Posted By: TrevorS
What's a CD Changer?
Exactly!

But if you really wanted an answer, it is similar to 8-track tape except these tapes are round, thin and shiny :)

You are right, he has no idea what an 8-track player is but I bet he knows MP3 players :)

Anyway, I am like a broken record here (does he know what that mean?? :)

Getting a little OT here, but I think the OP has already gotten his question answered...

Was the 8-track mainly a US/North American thing? Not having grown up here, I missed out on the whole 8-track craze. I went from vinyl to compact cassette tapes, then to CDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back