Where are the PYB users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mark72
The thrill of spending less and getting that same or greater protectin than many of the synthetic users out there get. I would post my PYB UOA's howerver, I have none, my drain intervals are rather short.

Those two statements seem contradictory, given that most synthetic users use it for longer drain intervals to maintain the same level of protection throughout the extended OCI. We could say we enjoy the thrill of spending less and getting the same or better level of protection than dino juice throughout a much longer drain interval (and if you compare the cost of synthetic spread across a long drain versus PYB for your short interval, this statement would be true).

-Spyder

Last edited:
I used PYB for decades, then I joined Bitog, and my Aerostar now has dropped in rank to a beater. Once it became a beater I started shopping for bargain oils, and starting switching brands of oil in it. At that point my love affair with PYB had ended
frown.gif

Before Bitog it was PYB for dino, and M1 for Synthetic. M1 is no longer in use by me in any of my fleet. It was replaced with PP then Amsoil, and now Edge, which I plan on sticking with, unless I can find PU in a 0W20. I tend to stick with an oil until the vehicle hits beater status, or I find an oil that I feel is better, then make a change. Recently I've made a lot of changes, I blame that on Bitog.

Just put my first five quarts of PYB into a neglected engine I'm nursing back. Chose it based on the overwhelming enthusiasm for Pennzoil products here.

Planning to do a UOA at the next (short) OCI.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Before Bitog it was PYB for dino, and M1 for Synthetic. M1 is no longer in use by me in any of my fleet. It was replaced with PP then Amsoil, and now Edge, which I plan on sticking with, unless I can find PU in a 0W20.
Interesting progression. What were your reasons?

Originally Posted By: Virtuoso
I run it for at least 7,500 in my Malibu.
That's a longer OCI than most PYB users seem to be doing. Have you had good UOAs doing this, or is that the OEM recommendation, or are you going by feel?

The PYB, QS, Formuls Shell, Valvoline WB. All great conventional oil`s But the companies are definitely pushing Synthetic oil`s these day`s. Even the quick lube shop`s. Which bring`s up the old question; will conventional oil soon be a thing of the past?

Last edited:
PYB has great add packs and quite good specifications for a conventional oil . Close are Mobil 5000 , Valvoline and Castrol GTX but they are more expensive . Then there is Shell , Havoline and the like which are competitively priced - but don't have the add packs PYB has . All in all - PYB may be the best , easy to find conventional oil out there .

Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
Originally Posted By: fokvoort
Just put my first five quarts of PYB into a neglected engine

How is that going for you? Its interesting you chose PYB over P Hi-Mi.
Fine, but only been about 500 miles. P Hi-Mi is actually next, when I hit 2.5K miles. Trying to gently clean. Running up the Pennzoil chain, so after HM, PP and PU.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
PYB has great add packs and quite good specifications for a conventional oil . Close are Mobil 5000 , Valvoline and Castrol GTX but they are more expensive . Then there is Shell , Havoline and the like which are competitively priced - but don't have the add packs PYB has . All in all - PYB may be the best , easy to find conventional oil out there .

Really, I love reading member's post who just joined the site and spew misguiding info. Please read and learn beforehand. MC5K according to the Sherriff thread VOA numbers tested better than all of the dinos and also MC5K is the cheapest out of everything you named. I remember when it was only $9. It is well known that Havoline add pack is STILL great and is producing great UOA's...by the way it is cheaper than PYB too. Every dino that you named except Havy at certain locations (Wal-Mart) is easy to find and readly available. I think we all know that there is no such thing as the BEST oil because SM rated oil and now SN in the future will suit 5k oci's easily.

BTW...I'm NOT brand loyal, even though I typically use MC5k, I use whatever is the cheapest at the time. I just put Havy DS in my car this past weekend.

Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
Just put my first five quarts of PYB into a neglected engine

How is that going for you? Its interesting you chose PYB over P Hi-Mi.
Fine, but only been about 500 miles. P Hi-Mi is actually next, when I hit 2.5K miles. Trying to gently clean. Running up the Pennzoil chain, so after HM, PP and PU.

Cool. I may go PYB in my car. Ive certainly heard good things about it, and people HAVE recommended i "Stick with conventional" since my engine needs some nursing as well.

The only way to tell is to try and see, but yeah i can see myself going PYB or a Hi-Miles oil in mine, so when i saw that i identified with my own car.

PYB even advertises its "Cleaning" but how does your oil look after that 500 miles?

Also, PYB is voted what may be -the best- Conventional. I would question the need for certain vehicles to ever need synthetic.. Hmm. Bill in Utah, good point!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back