Where are the CAF's located on new MAZDA's

Main Question: Has Mazda changed the CAF location on their newer vehicles?
The reason that I ask is:
My daughter owned a 2006 Mazda3i and I never changed the CAF in her 9 years('09-'18) of ownership just because it was about a 4 hour job to remove so many parts behind the center console behind the radio & HVAC area. Now, would it have taken me 4 hours to to the job? IDK! I just didn't do it even after watching YouTube videos. Most vehicles that I've owned, the CAF was in the glove box and took 3 minutes. Or in my current Altima which is behind the console and only takes me about 10+ minutes.

So, back to the original question. Did Mazda change their location for easier maintenance of the CAF?

CAF access complaints would disappear when Saab's "9500" series bodies ('98-last 9-5 models) are mentioned.
After removing an interior panel, you had to saw out a bridge of steel to make a pass through.
Granted, you only had to do this hack saw act once-the first time.

There the CAF is the size of a collegiate dictionary. However, the factory original was mated to a charcoal pad of eequal size.
I assume it was oversized to accumulate odors over possibly long periods of storage.

Thank you all. I enjoy the satisfaction of having conversation and talking to others
which is why I come here as do most of us.
Nuff said!

CB

Mazda keeps making it easier to replace the filter although it's in the same location since I had a 2004 6. Example, on my 2016 CX5 to get to the filter you had to empty the box, remove a bracket on the side, and then pinch in the sides of the glove box to drop it down to gain access to the filter (this procedure was the same on my 2014 6 and 2018 3) On my 2021 CX5 the glove box door drops down enough that there's easy access directly over the top of it to the filter housing. No need to empty the box. A filter change now takes maybe 15 to 20 seconds!

Back