Mazda 3 center consol HVAC lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my daughters '06 Mazda 3 center consol HVAC panel...The light(s) have either burned out or the fuse has blown, IDK!

In the center stack, where the radio-CD/information center is, all work fine. Just below the radio section(running down toward the shifter consol) but, above the little storage box with the cigarette lighter, the HVAC controls don't light up anymore although their functions all work correctly. It's the 3 main dials for the "FAN", "TEMP CONTROL" and "DAMPER"(vent, heat, defrost).

I have searched the owners manual section for fuses and bulbs and have found nothing pertaining the center stack lights or any dash lighting, center stack lighting or shifter lighting. NOTHING!

I looked in both fuse boxes(under the hood and under the glove box areas. All fuses that I have checked are fine. I have not pulled *every single solitary fuse*, just the ones that I think might lead me somewhere.

All of the interior lights work fine as do the dash lights, and as mentioned, just above the HVAC controls are the radio/cd player, all work fine. Also working fine are the little tiny lights in the steering wheel mounted controls for the radio and cruise control. These lights work fine too!

I don't know if it the light(s) behind the center stack in the HVAC area or a fuse that "I can't find". It's only these light(s). I also don't know if it's one light that is lighting all 3 dials or three seperate lights.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA,
CB

Last edited:
Ugghhh. I dread this.

One LED in my 6's HVAC thermostat control doesn't turn on on occasion

The left fan control knob will illuminate but the right will be dark.

Fortunately, a light tap on the knob brings it to life....for now.

It's probably a similar problem to the odometer on '99-'03 Fords. We're going to have to disassemble the center stack and fix a cold solder joint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back