What's on the grill this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday weekend and all, un-official start of the grilling season, so what's cooking?

I'll be heading out to the North Wisconsin woods to relax at the parents house. Most likely there will be some Johnsonville Brats on the (Weber Kettle Charcoal) grill, beer boiled to perfection before cooking. I'll take my brat with spicy mustard and sauerkraut, please. Probably throw some veggie skewers on the grill for good measure too. Maybe also make a red potato/asparagus bake.

Gotta talk to the stepdad to see if he can score some wild morel mushrooms, now that's good eating!

Last edited:
Wife came home from work and grilled up some nice steaks.

Wonderful. Nice and tasty.

Added a baked potato and salad and I'm set.

Bill

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
Holiday weekend and all, un-official start of the grilling season, so what's cooking?

I'll be heading out to the North Wisconsin woods to relax at the parents house. Most likely there will be some Johnsonville Brats on the (Weber Kettle Charcoal) grill, beer boiled to perfection before cooking. I'll take my brat with spicy mustard and sauerkraut, please. Probably throw some veggie skewers on the grill for good measure too. Maybe also make a red potato/asparagus bake.

Gotta talk to the stepdad to see if he can score some wild morel mushrooms, now that's good eating!

Dude, I grill all year around and I'm north of you!
grin2.gif

There's a Pig Roast for my great-nephew's graduation in western Wisconsin this weekend.

Going Walleye fishing, so hopefully there's Walleye too!
thumbsup2.gif

Spicy cajun sausage for her and German style rope sausage for me. Together with a salad made with spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes and grilled tomatoes. Slightly boiled asparagus on the side.

The drink of choice will probably be ice tea with peach schnapps.

Pork shoulder, ribs, brats, and maybe a chicken if there's room in the smoker.

Drink of choice will be some of the 4gallons of wheat beer I have on tap.

Last edited:
Was a Holiday weekend for us last weekend, same type of holiday but a week apart from yours.

We had home made Garlic burgers, ribs, hot-dogs, polish sausages, and steaks...

Was quite the BBQ. and I was exhausted from all the cooking and eating. Was nice to sleep for a couple hours in an A/C house after the event.

I love long weekends....
20.gif

For tomorrow, I have six USDA Prime NY strips and 4 Ahi Tuna steaks. Only the steaks will see the grill though. We are doing tuna tartar with the ahi.

And lots of booze. . .

Lots and lots of booze. . . .

I've been on vacation for about a week now and the place I'm staying at has a BBQ grill which I do not have at home. So, it has been *TRI-TIP STEAK* every night. Except for this (Friday) evening, only because I met some friends of mine in East Wenatchee and I had some of the best chili relleno I have ever had- just like last year at the same restaurant (El Porton)!

This weekend it will be ribeye steak on the grill. Yummy.

Plan on smoking a brisket and three racks of ribs tomorrow to enjoy while watching the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca Cola 600 Sunday.My favorite weekend of the year. A friend of mine surprised me with an oak bourbon barrel from Brown-Foreman distillery in Louisville, this is the first chance I've had to use some of the staves for smoking.

4 Filet Mignon Steaks
8 Hamburgers
X Chicken Breasts

Will be washing it all down with:
Bushmills Irish Whiskey - for me
Cheap Tequila - for mixing margaritas for family
Yellow Tail Wine - wife likes
Michelob Ultra Amber - gotta chase the whiskey with something
wink.gif

Lotsa Butta on the loin, yo'.

Just had some Italian Sausage on the grill. Yum... Too bad I couldn't have it with a cold dark, rich beer (antibiotics).

I like to put the buns on the grill surface and let them toast up a bit with that grill smell/taste. mmmmmm good stuff!

We have a big ol pork butt on the smoker. My mom is making home made cole slaw and potato salad so we're going to have pulled pork sandwiches.

We have several racks of baby backs, so I might drag one out and smoke that tomorrow. We've already been grilling a lot this year - burgers, brauts, steaks etc., so we thought barbecue would be a nice change for this weekend.

Last edited:
I grilled some brats (Festival Foods' own Oktoberfest brats...There is none better!) today. I pre-cook them in beer and onions for about 20-30 minutes, but just a good simmer, not a rolling boil. I get the beer boiling then reduce the heat to about medium and let 'em simmer.

My little secret ingredient after grilling is celery salt. A good shake of clelery salt just makes them so much better. I discovered that one by accident once when I had the drunken munchies and reheated a brat for a snack. I thought I had seasoned salt, but instead I grabbed the celery salt. It was awesome! Now I've got all my friends doing it too!

I grilled some corn on the cob and sockeye salmon fillets for dinner tonight. Blanch the corn in the husk for 5 mins then directly on the grill for 30 more, turns out perfect.

I'm grillin' short ribs or lamb chops tomorrow, I haven't decided yet.

Two 8.5 lb Boston Butts on the smoker tonight about 8 o'clock. Going to let them cook overnight using pecan wood.Giving one to my neighbor as thanks for giving me twelve wheelbarrows full of pecan wood when he lost the tree last September during a windstorm. Should make some killer pulled pork sandwiches tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back