What's everyone's favorite hot sauce?

I can see that folks have sophisticated hot sauce tastes... No one mentioned Louisiana Hot Sauce... It's not 'real special, to my way of thinking. I've had Cholula regular. Nice... Quite a bit more expensive than the Louisiana...
I like Trappy's Red devil hot sauce. It's pretty close to Louisiana hot sauce, made by the same company.

El Yucateco picante (green), from Merida.

Attachments

• 411nIwVupML.jpg
    411nIwVupML.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 4
Tabasco and Cookies hot sauce usually in our house. I like to mix Cookies in with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to make a sweet and spicy sauce.

just my $0.02

I prefer a cayenne based sauce. Nothing fancy, Texas Pete, Crystal, etc will do. Not really a fan of Tabasco unless that's all there is. Not at all interested in the "lava in a bottle" types of sauce. You might as well be eating your napkin.

Not really a "hot" sauce, but something I like on my omelets and in soups.

1650266051528.jpg

I order a half-dozen bottles at a time or ask my daughter to bring some when she visits from Seattle. I think I'm down to two bottles from the Christmas stash she got me, so time to order when I'm down to one.

stargazer_1024x1024.jpg

My all time favorite.

The green one? Both the red and green are kind of thin and have artificial food coloring. What do you use them on? They have a version that doesn't have food coloring and kind of turns into a natural grayish color.
Compared to Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce it's not thin at all. I like the green version best -- Yucateco says it's made with green habaneros. The red has some tomato and seems a little sweeter. The version without color is extra hot; Yucateco claims over 10,000 scoville units.

Compared to Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce it's not thin at all. I like the green version best -- Yucateco says it's made with green habaneros. The red has some tomato and seems a little sweeter. The version without color is extra hot; Yucateco claims over 10,000 scoville units.

I've tried those three. The "Kutbil-ik" version isn't pureed like the red or green ones. It's more pulpy. And it's actually made with green and yellow habaneros. Green habanero should have a color similar to cucumber relish.

Now this seems kind of scary.

GreenHabaneroMash.png

Not a fan of Huoy Fong Sriracha - sodium bisulfite. I can smell it, worse I can have an anaphylactic allergic reaction to sulfites in foods - although I cheat it with red wine from time to time (white wine, no way)

Better: Try Trader Joe's Sriracha. Not only does taste WAY better, no sulfites!

Again I love some heat, the older I get the less my **** is along for the ride. Sucks.

I've tried those three. The "Kutbil-ik" version isn't pureed like the red or green ones. It's more pulpy. And it's actually made with green and yellow habaneros. Green habanero should have a color similar to cucumber relish.

Now this seems kind of scary.

GreenHabaneroMash.png
"Mash." :O
Years ago I got a taste for Mrs. Renfro's "hot" green salsa. As Dave Edmunds once put it, "subtle as a flying mallet." I left a spoon in it one afternoon and found it covered with crusty blue effluence from the copper in the cheap flatware.

"Mash." :O
Years ago I got a taste for Mrs. Renfro's "hot" green salsa. As Dave Edmunds once put it, "subtle as a flying mallet." I left a spoon in it one afternoon and found it covered with crusty blue effluence from the copper in the cheap flatware.

Haven't really tried anything from them in a while. I do remember when my local supermarket had some specials for them. Something like $2 a jar. I liked mango/habanero, but their roasted pepper salsa was my fav.

Not a fan of Huoy Fong Sriracha - sodium bisulfite. I can smell it, worse I can have an anaphylactic allergic reaction to sulfites in foods - although I cheat it with red wine from time to time (white wine, no way)

Better: Try Trader Joe's Sriracha. Not only does taste WAY better, no sulfites!

Again I love some heat, the older I get the less my **** is along for the ride. Sucks.
The Trader Joe's is ok...kind of a wired taste. Aldi had their own for awhile but discontinued it 1-2 years ago. It was excellent.

Back