What Temperature Do You Set Your Thermostat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set mine at 63* all winter, day and night. Heating oil ain't cheap, so there's no need to keep it super warm. I can wear a long shirt if I get cold. If need to be I'll get out the electric heater since electric is cheap in these parts.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Set mine at 63* all winter, day and night. Heating oil ain't cheap, so there's no need to keep it super warm. I can wear a long shirt if I get cold. If need to be I'll get out the electric heater since electric is cheap in these parts.

My dad is similar; except he uses hard coal furnace for home and waste/used cooking oil homemade furnace in his garage. His house is roasting as I swear he puts 2 buckets in his furnace
wink.gif

I am still relatively young and still have a wide tolerance for temperatures.
Winter: 66F (Sacramento CA). Once in a while bump it up to 68 or 70 for mom or other visitors.
Summer: 78F. Once in a while turn it down to 74 for the same people.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Definitely comfort. I'm hot blooded and it seems like I'm always hot. I very rarely ever feel cold.

Maybe we should switch places of residences for the next couple months.
wink.gif

Heck yeah my brother!
grin.gif

When Shell had the trip to Texas, had I been able to get away, I should have asked for asylum from weather persecution.

Normally 68/70 but I seen the wife had it set to 73 last night, I guess she got cold with the arctic freeze going on.

I have to ask you guys that turn the temp way down, are you doing this to save money or just like it colder when you sleep. I was always told it doesn't save money to turn it down and then back up due to it having to work harder to warm things back up.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
5 am to 9 am - 68°F
9 am to 5 pm - 62°F
5 pm to 10 pm - 66°F
10 pm to 5 am - 58°F

Doesn’t tell take more to warm it up ten degrees than keeping at like 64?
Or do you like it that cold to sleep?

I have two Nest thermostats, one for upstairs and one for downstairs.

When oil and is home, 69 or above. When I am home, the floor I’m on is 65 and the other is allowed to drop to 60 or rise to 82, my eco setting.

When I leave and neither of us are home, both floors are left in the eco range.

When we go upstairs to bed, eco downstairs and 65 upstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back