What oil filters are you Mazda owners running on your 'Skyactive' 2.5's

pbm

We just added a new 2021 Mazda CX30 to the family and I'm wondering what oil filters people are running on their 'Skyactive' 2.5L engines?
It seems the PH7317 would fit as an oversize to the tiny PH6607 sized filter that is spec'd.....are any BITOGers running this larger filter? Are any running the even larger PH3593 which has the same threads and bypass rating? (just wondering even though I won't do it).
As far as oil...I plan to change the FF between 1000 and 1500 miles (depending when my daughter leaves on her next 'travel nurse' assignment). I probably would have left the FF in until 2500 or even 3000 miles but the car will be leaving for a few months soon.
I'll probably use Magnatec 0w20 but may use Idemitsu (regular 0w20 and not the high moly version) depending on feedback from you guys. Which do you prefer. I'll probably stick to a 7500 mile OCI schedule as I still don't have the nerve to go 10K even on top synthetics.

2017 Mazda 6 M6. OEM and the Idemitsu high moly for the first two changes. Then I switched the oil out to M1 AP 0W-20 and M1 EP (M1-108A I think) filter. Changes have been annual with under 4k miles a year on the car. Will go back to OEM filter after I use the next and last "sale" M1 filter.
I would not change the high moly factory fill out early, but as you indicated, you have special circumstances.

Mazda recommends leaving the Factory Fill in for the full 5000.
I'm going to the 7317 in a week or two along with a magnetic drain plug.
Dealer put M-1 in at 5000.
I have a shelf full of Valvoline so that's what goes in next.

My 2¢

I find it ironic that you're scared to extend an OCI with syns past 7.5k, but you're perfectly OK with using non-approved filter applications.
My advice would be to stick to OEM approved or aftermarket equivilent filters under warranty.
Though failure is rare, why give them any reason whatsoever to deny coverage?

1645137805654.jpg

Back