Mazda OEM Oil Filter, PEO1-14-302A-MV (P5518), In Service 7.5 Months w/5,898 Miles

Good Evening Board,

This filter was on my son's 2018 Mazda 3 Sedan, 2.5 liter engine, the oil in service was Castrol Edge 0-20 which is all the Mazda has seen. According to the manual, Mazda used Castrol as the factory fill.

Some details;

1. Date of Mfg. - 02/21/23
2. Made in Mexico
3. Can Thickness - .0325"
4. Pleats - no tears, even spacing, no excess glue.
5. Anti-Drain Back Valve - none
6. Bypass Valve - working, unknown setting.
7. Filter Efficiency - unknown.
8. Filter Removal - easy, no issues.
9. Louvers, not Holes and all open.
10. The filter photos are based on 1/4 turns to get all sides of the filter.

Almost 6,000 miles on the filter, it's a little "tank," very impressed with construction.

I replaced it with another Mazda OEM oil filter, which will be my go-forward filter for my son's car.

Enjoy!

RevRider

P2070312.JPG

P2070316.JPG

P2070321.JPG

P2070322.JPG

P2070324.JPG

P2070327.JPG

P2070328.JPG

P2070329.JPG

P2070330.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the filtering efficiency of the Mazda OEM?
As it's OEM, highly unlikely to find that information. It's generally kept as proprietary.

Looking at the internals of topic filter, reminds me very much of a Wix made filter. The double rings on the endcap, outer ring on baseplate and extended wrap around media looks similar to Wix design. Wix does have operations in Mexico, I once c&p a Napa Gold 1334 with same coo. Here using dome bypass, which Wix did with some applications. Coil spring, OG Wix design.

Filter looks good at the fci noted. Thanks for c&p.

Interesting, I didn't know they were previously made in Mexico. So the latest ones are being made in Thailand. Thanks.
No, the MV filters are the lower tier filters offered by Mazda & their dealers. They are less expensive than the regular filters.

That particular part number appears to be identical to the Mexican made Wix 57002.

Does anyone know what the filtering efficiency of the Mazda OEM?
Probably not going to find it anywhere. Unless you can find who makes it & dig for some information? I would bet it's not a highly efficient filter based on other Japanese like the Toyota/Amsoil data from the past. OEM's don't want the filter to plug so they will choose less efficiency in my opinion.

No, the MV filters are the lower tier filters offered by Mazda & their dealers. They are less expensive than the regular filters.

That particular part number appears to be identical to the Mexican made Wix 57002.
The OP mentioned the new one is made in Thailand. Are you saying the new ones are still made in Mexico?

The OP mentioned the new one is made in Thailand. Are you saying the new ones are still made in Mexico?
I am saying they are two different part numbers.

The ones ending in MV (Mazda Value line) are the less expensive option at the Mazda dealer. You can buy either one.

I am saying they are two different part numbers.

The ones ending in MV (Mazda Value line) are the less expensive option at the Mazda dealer. You can buy either one.
Ah, understood. MV comparable to Wix 57002 made in MX while the higher tiered filter is built in Thailand. For a "Value" filter this looks excellent IMO. Thanks for clarifying my confusion. (y)

Probably not going to find it anywhere. Unless you can find who makes it & dig for some information? I would bet it's not a highly efficient filter based on other Japanese like the Toyota/Amsoil data from the past. OEM's don't want the filter to plug so they will choose less efficiency in my opinion.
If only they knew you could have both decent efficiency and flow, much like the ones from Supertech.

Thanks for the C&P. I bought (7) of these. Seems pretty good. THey will go in wifes new CX-5. Still trying to figure out what oil I am going to use. I have a jug of Castrol Edge 0W-20. So, will start with that anyway.

Interesting, I didn't know they were previously made in Mexico. So the latest ones are being made in Thailand. Thank
Thanks for the C&P. I bought (7) of these. Seems pretty good. THey will go in wifes new CX-5. Still trying to figure out what oil I am going to use. I have a jug of Castrol Edge 0W-20. So, will start with that anyway.
I've been very happy with Castrol Edge, used it for 6 years straight in my son's Mazda 3 Sedan; no oil burning; quiet start-up.

Back