What kind of oil do you use?

After spending much time thinking about different oils I came to conclusion that you better off using cheapest oil that has latest API specs and change it twice as often than recommended by manual.
Or use a premium oil and use less resources, less time changing the oil and go further per oil change while maintaining exceptional cleanliness that the cheapest oils can't maintain, especially in the ring area due to GDI engines fuel dilution.

Or use a premium oil and use less resources, less time changing the oil and go further per oil change while maintaining exceptional cleanliness that the cheapest oils can't maintain, especially in the ring area due to GDI engines fuel dilution.

Any proof that so called 'premium' oil with longer OCI will do anything better than cheap oil with shorter OCI?

Any proof that so called 'premium' oil with longer OCI will do anything better than cheap oil with shorter OCI?
Yes. Your premium oils whether certified or boutique are fortified with higher levels of detergents, better base oils and more antioxidants that are purpose built for more extreme use.

There is nothing wrong with changing less expensive oil more frequently. It's a preference.

Yes. Your premium oils whether certified or boutique are fortified with higher levels of detergents, better base oils and more antioxidants that are purpose built for more extreme use.

There is nothing wrong with changing less expensive oil more frequently. It's a preference.

Yes, but for normal use, will any of it make a difference? Kirkland is Dexos Gen3 API SP, so I am sure it offers required protection for your normal use.

this explains why All Fleet oils are such a useful thing.You might not know what oil the equipment specifies but you do know what it is going to get. :)
Most engines aren't overly fussy other than the light duty stuff that's come out in the last ~10 years

Yes, but for normal use, will any of it make a difference? Kirkland is Dexos Gen3 API SP, so I am sure it offers required protection for your normal use.
I think for moderate drain intervals that's perfectly fine. (y)

I think for moderate drain intervals that's perfectly fine. (y)
I don't know what moderate means but I've been on a 10,000 mile OCI for more than 20 years now using either Supertech or Kirkland synthetic oils.

which oil is better? LOL
A Brand New
Perspective

Digging Into the Timeless Question, “Which Oil is Better?

www.blackstone-labs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Aug-17-ENG.pdf

amsoil oil report.JPG

Back