What is my VW saying?

My car makes soft sounds at times when I approach it. For instance today I reached through the window to get my sunglasses from the door pocket and the car made that soft sound, not the horn but a soft "beep". I've heard it at other times when opening hood. etc. Please understand the car was in the garage, in park, key not in my pocket but key was in the house. This car does not have remote start. I briefly searched the internet and my owners manual and learned nothing. It seems to me that the car is telling me it wants to go for a ride. The car is all working fine and this is not concerning me but sometimes I think the car is alive.

My car makes soft sounds at times when I approach it. For instance today I reached through the window to get my sunglasses from the door pocket and the car made that soft sound, not the horn but a soft "beep". I've heard it at other times when opening hood. etc. Please understand the car was in the garage, in park, key not in my pocket but key was in the house. This car does not have remote start. I briefly searched the internet and my owners manual and learned nothing. It seems to me that the car is telling me it wants to go for a ride. The car is all working fine and this is not concerning me but sometimes I think the car is alive.
Does it have keyless access?

I've had this issue in the past. It's saying "Ich kann es kaum erwarten, dich zu siehen". It comes from treating your beloved Volkswagen to the "Fahrvergnügen" that just makes it crazy for you.

Kiss it good-night before you turn out the garage light. It's the least you can do.

I think it’s saying that the alarm isn’t arming itself. Bad switch/sensor somewhere.
Door was not locked, alarm not meant to be set. The window was open and I reached through it to get my sunglasses. And these sounds that the car makes have been there from new. I just went through the owners' manual again, which is incredibly detailed as you would expect from Germans. I can't find it. No real concern on my part, just curious.

Door was not locked, alarm not meant to be set. The window was open and I reached through it to get my sunglasses. And these sounds that the car makes have been there from new. I just went through the owners' manual again, which is incredibly detailed as you would expect from Germans. I can't find it. No real concern on my part, just curious.
On a Porsche forum I used to frequent there was a hack with the glovebox door? switch where disconnecting it would give the chirp when locking the car. Otherwise it would be silent.

Back