what is a cheap good floor jack?

I know, those things don't really go together, but I want a second small floor jack just to supplement my good one that I have had for 50 years. Really , and I bought it used. So wondering, where is the best place to buy a $39 one? Harbor freight? I probably only would use it maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I want one with short handle so can be used where not much room.

My friend has a small auto repair facility and he uses one of those small Harbor Freight jacks daily. He has had it for about 5-6 years and we are always joking about how its lasted longer than anyone thought it would.

Torin floor jacks the "red paint" ones, they have extension tubes to lift higher, they were around 40-50 bucks at Tractor Supply Co.

This is good for 5 tons:

I don't see any way to get a floor jack for 39.00, EXCEPT for a used one. Good luck, and if you find one please post a link and/or pics.

So if those harbor freight ones are actually a decent jack I think I will get one of those. I actually have a Pro-Lift made by Shinny's Fu co. model F361. Have had it for many years, not a lot of use, but now it won't lift but 1/2 way to its full lift. Checked all the stuff that the owners manual says to check for that problem, and no go. Doesn't leak and jacks perfectly good till 1/2 way, and holds there without dropping. Checked on a kit to repair it, which seems to be just to repair leaks, and costs 1/2 as much as a new jack, so guess I will ask for a new one for Christmas LOL.

This is good for 5 tons:

I don't see any way to get a floor jack for 39.00, EXCEPT for a used one. Good luck, and if you find one please post a link and/or pics.
Harbor Freight ones are $39.99. And Wal Mart has essentially the same one for $33.88

This is good for 5 tons:

I always thought these were a lot higher priced than that one is, so I may spring for one of those, and use my good old one for my second. Thanks for the link.

I have the 3 ton steel and 1.5 ton aluminum jacks from harbor freight and both have been great for weekend wrenching and track events!

I was going to suggest the 3ish ton that I believe was at HF for around $90, but it looks like they killed it off.

I’m not a fan of those narrow trolly jacks. More than capable of lifting, but I just prefer a wider stance. They have larger 2 and 3 tons for 120-140.

Back