Picking a low cost floor jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this once before. (So just cut and pasted)
smile.gif

Bleeding
1. Loosen the fill screw.
2. Turn the handle counter clockwise to open the release valve.
3. Pump the handle up and down quickly several times to purge the air from the system.
4. Tighten the fill screw.

Adding oil
1. Remove the fill screw.
2. Add hydraulic fluid into the fill screw hole slowly until the oil reaches the top of the oil fill hole. NOTE: Do not touch the handle when adding hydraulic oil.
3. Replace the fill screw.

See this website:

http://www.blackhawkparts.com/

Why not fix your old unit? I have an older Hein Werner that I won't ever give up for any import junk. Those old USA jacks were well built and easy and cheap to fix with the proper kit. You Tube is full of info or just Google floor jack repair. OK, they are heavy, clunky, and take lots of strokes to lift, but I can handle that. Quality is quality. When they say 2 ton, you can believe it. Not the over rated [censored] of today.

Check the prices of older USA floor jacks and you will see why knowledgeable users and service garages value them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jkasch
smile.gif

Bleeding
3. Pump the handle up and down quickly several times to purge the air from the system.

Adding oil
2. Add hydraulic fluid into the fill screw hole slowly until the oil reaches the top of the oil fill hole. NOTE: Do not touch the handle when adding hydraulic oil.

Thanks for this. I have a 3.5 ton Larin that creaks once its holding a vehicle up.. perhaps it needs re-bled.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
smile.gif

Bleeding

Adding oil

Thanks for this. I have a 3.5 ton Larin that creaks once its holding a vehicle up.. perhaps it needs re-bled.

Jacks should not hold up a vehicle - they LIFT a vehicle. Use jack stands.

Originally Posted By: user52165
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
smile.gif

Bleeding

Adding oil

Jacks should not hold up a vehicle - they LIFT a vehicle. Use jack stands.

I'm well aware of that and was in no way suggesting it be used as a jack stand. It is nice to have all the time you need to carefully position jack stands without being concerned with the jack settling. If I'm putting any body part under a car, I use ramps, jack stands, and the jack itself. Overkill on support so as not to get killed under.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back