What health supplements do you take and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if there are any people here who are just as particular about their health as they are their cars.

I get yearly check ups and eat right but I also take a few supplements. Curious if others here do the same and why do you take them.

My supplements of choice are:

A quality organic 4 capsule a day multivitamin
2 chelated magnesium s capsules for artery health
3 quality high strength fish oils for cardiovascular health.

I use to take 4 organic cinnamon capsules a day when I first discovered I was pre diabetic. Blood sugar is now in check with diet so I cut those out.

My GP is aware of what I take and why. He's never told me to take a supplement - he's never told me to stop either. Had a few health problems in my mid 30's but now I'm 42 and most of my "wear" numbers are below average.

I take many supplements and intend to die healthy.
01.gif

I take selenium daily to hopefully ward off cataract's and L-Arginine when my wife wants to play cowgirl.

I take the following.

1. Multivitamin with extra B12 - sustained energy for the day , and it helps my mind shut down so I can sleep at night.

2. Probio - for healthy gut bacteria

Coffee and wine.

Outside that, nothing at the moment. I wish I ate more healthy, but it's not that bad. I tried a vitamin D suppliment but I didn't feel like it was doing much, so I stopped (well, more like forgot). Try to avoid sugar, excess amounts of fat, lots of veggies, some fruit. Add in a bit of exercise and I call it a day. Only 40 though.

Multivitamin, fish oil and all the pills I'm prescribed.

I do what the Dr. tell me to do.

With all that I still have chronic kidney disease!

I take the stuff I'm prescribed, plus fish oil to help the cholesterol and a probiotic to help the digestive system. I've heard a lot of good things about taking probiotics. I've noticed some mild lactose intolerance (I get gassy when I have dairy) that has noticeably decreased since I started taking the probiotic regularly.

I do also take extra vitamin C when I feel a possible cold coming on, I think it helps, but might just be in my head.

My wife and I simply choose to live a healthy lifestyle. We get lots of exercise, keep active both physically and mentally, and maintain a well rounded diet that contains no fast/junk/processed foods. Both of us are in our early 70s and are in excellent health.

We choose not to financially support the supplement or pharma industries; instead we choose to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet.

1200mg fish oil, 1/4 aspirin daily for heart health. 2000 to 4000 IU vitamin D3 daily in winter for general health. Turmeric a couple times a week. Vitamins from meat and vegetables and occasional piece of fruit. No sugar or wheat.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Make sure your D3 has K2 with it as if not you are creating more bad than good.

+Magnesium too, unless you get enough from foods.

Low carb diet. Fish oil daily w aspirin. Magnesium, Vitamin D3 and K2 every few days. Multi vitamin once a week. Diet is most important - lots of water and almost no alcohol - maybe one beer a week on average. I avoid any liquid calories.

Originally Posted By: SF0059
500ml M1 Extended Performance 0w20
200ml 93 octane fuel
...and one bar of pure carnuba for breakfast

thumbsup2.gif
grin2.gif
01.gif

I do bodybuilding/powerlifting so it may not pertain to the average person:

Fish oil
Glucosimine/ chondritin
Curcumin (c3)
Vit D
Liv 52
CoQ10
multi
Probiotics

Highly recommend curcumin (get a good brand) for anyone with achey joints or muscle pain, greatly helped me along with the glucosimine and fish oil. Vit D is essential here in the north, CoQ10 for heart/blood pressure and Liv 52 for liver health. I am an R&D scientist for a probiotic manufacturer so i get a lot of samples, work great for everything, from digestion to priming the immune system. I train heavy 4-5 days a week and these really help, i can definitely tell when i forget to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back