What filters do you diesel owners use?

This has been in my crazy, non stop thinking brain for long time. My dad uses Donaldson on his Mack R Model and his 89’ Cummins Ram powered truck.

What oil and fuel filters do you diesel owners/operators use?

• Donaldson Air Filter (Fantastic Filter!)
  • Champ Luber Finer Fuel Filters (Identical to OEM so...)
  • Fram TG or Pure One Oil Filters (Yep I drink the Kool-Aid)
  • Wix Coolant Filter (Might Swap to Baldwin $)

Last edited:
Fleetguard on everything not John Deere. I just get the number from the Fleetguard site and then buy on shop.cummins.com. They’re cheaper than the parts stores like NAPA, and it’s easy for us to buy over $75 for free shipping when you start adding oil and air filters.

I used to be Wix on everything but when I worked for Peterbilt I started into Baldwin with a little bit of Donaldson because that’s what I sold there. Now the Mack gets Mack, my cabover is running Donaldson, everything else is a mix of Baldwin and Fleetguard. Still have a few Wix running around. I have a buddy that works for another truck dealer that got me set up with a good price on Fleetguard so that’s the direction I’m headed on most of the stuff.

New Deeres are all Deere filters.

It’s a challenge dealing with all the different brands, vendors and numbers but I like the path I’m on now.

on my Ram, whatever oil filter is cheapest.. fuel filters I stick with the Fleetguard FS53000 on the engine but depending on pricing I either use OEM or the cheapest fuel water separator ( the filter under the truck) I can get..

For those of you spending ~$2,500 a year on filters and or coolant to maintain trucks or equipment, you're eligible for discounted pricing on Fleetguard...just a heads up. You can message me for more details.

If you have a Cummins engine, there's really no reason to be using anything other than Fleetguard since we are the OE for Cummins and have been since Fleetguard was started by Cummins back in the 50's!

For those of you spending ~$2,500 a year on filters and or coolant to maintain trucks or equipment, you're eligible for discounted pricing on Fleetguard...just a heads up. You can message me for more details.

If you have a Cummins engine, there's really no reason to be using anything other than Fleetguard since we are the OE for Cummins and have been since Fleetguard was started by Cummins back in the 50's!
Fleetguard makes an excellent filter, although many of the ones I've seen still don't have a silicone ADBV.

Well during the last two years; cost, availability, and price gouging by some have forced me to look at Donaldson & Baldwin alternatives on occasion is my reasoning.

Well during the last two years; cost, availability, and price gouging by some have forced me to look at Donaldson & Baldwin alternatives on occasion is my reasoning.
Where do you normally source from? Supply had been an issue back in 2021 and early half of 2022, but much healthier now. Field reps and our customers tell us that Baldwin has been seriously struggling ever since COVID.

As far as price gouging, we only control our list price...resellers and dealers can mark up, but we can't legally tell them at what price point to sell the products. Our dealers all buy from us at the same price point so that we can do our best to create a level playing field; at that point, it's up to the dealers to differentiate and provide their best level of support to win customer accounts.

AC Delco on the '92 Chevy C3500HD. Actually pretty much oem on most anything domestic. Mann, Mahle or Hengst on Mercedes and VW if oem more than about 50% more expensive.

Back