For those of you who own/manage a fleet, what filters do you use?

At my work we used CHAMPION LABS filters for years. Now we use Auto Extra oil filters. What do you fleet owner operators use for oil filters?

Thank You

At my work we used CHAMPION LABS filters for years. Now we use Auto Extra oil filters. What do you fleet owner operators use for oil filters?

Thank You
Our company used oem for what ever we serviced. The owners said is was all about the companies reputation, which they were stringent about up holding.

Whatever it came with from the factory for spin on filters. For cartridge filters that aren't visible, not as picky but if the oem filter is a good bit more expensive, I'll go name brand alternatives.

All of the fleets we service get OE. One fleet is all GM trucks with 6.0 and 6.6 LS engines. They get Delco filters and Delco oil. We have opened exactly one engine for a repair in the last 15 years and that was their 2019 that failed a lifter this year. That was the first time we were in past a water pump. Many of those trucks over 300k miles, with that 2019 at 120k being a surprising failure.

The rest are all OE or OEM and have never had an internal engine failure.

Fleetguard (Cummins) on everything I can. If there is no Fleetguard cross I use OE. One truck I use Donaldson fuel filters due to a specific set up added for an auxiliary fuel tank, Donaldson has 1 filter that does it all where I'd need 2 Fleetguards.

When I managed large fleets for 20 yrs, Fleetguard.

Fleetguard's weakness is poor automotive coverage for new engine vehicle needs. If it's not a popular filter, it takes them a couple years to add it.

Currently have a 640,000 mile Duramax on 20k drains for 600k of those miles. With the exception of 3 services all it's had is Fleetguard.

I used to be strictly Wix for everything and my employer still is for the most part. I sold Baldwin for a while and started to transition that way, now I just restock at whatever truck place I’m at, usually Baldwin, Fleetguard or Donaldson. On the newer tractors they’re Deere only with Deere fluids(it’s not that much more and not worth the hassle in the event of a warranty problem). The Mack gets all Mack filters except the air filter, just ordered a Donaldson Blue for it. At work we have a few forklift and loader filters that don’t cross to Wix so we are OEM on those and I only use Fleetguard fuel filters on our 6.7 Cummins engines.

I use whatever on sale/rebate for 6 months or 5k miles.Fram,Purolator,Bosch,Super tech,Champion,Subaru,Honda.Amazon bulk toyota cartridge
oil filter.

You guys change oil in the parking lot or have a shop with an account do it?
A shop. At one of my old stores I often did it behind the store lol. But now I’m at a higher volume store with double the vehicles and don’t have time!

For any of you guys managing fleets, if you are spending $2,500 or more a year on filters and or coolant/antifreeze, you are eligible for discount pricing on Fleetguard parts. Just need to go about getting set up with your local truck dealership or Cummins distributor.

Fleetguard (Cummins) on everything I can. If there is no Fleetguard cross I use OE. One truck I use Donaldson fuel filters due to a specific set up added for an auxiliary fuel tank, Donaldson has 1 filter that does it all where I'd need 2 Fleetguards.

When I managed large fleets for 20 yrs, Fleetguard.

Fleetguard's weakness is poor automotive coverage for new engine vehicle needs. If it's not a popular filter, it takes them a couple years to add it.

Currently have a 640,000 mile Duramax on 20k drains for 600k of those miles. With the exception of 3 services all it's had is Fleetguard.
Shoot me a message and I'll see about getting you some Fleetguard swag sent your way...we appreciate your business!

I manage a fleet of over 100 pieces of equipment and auto's. Wix or Napa Gold for autos. Fleetgaurd for all buses, parking lot trams, diesel vehicles.

I manage a fleet of over 100 pieces of equipment and auto's. Wix or Napa Gold for autos. Fleetgaurd for all buses, parking lot trams, diesel vehicles.
Where do you source your Fleetguard from today? Are you buying any Fleetguard coolant by chance? Feel free to shoot me a message...I want to make sure you're getting the best deal you can on your Fleetguard purchases.

Not a huge fleet, but all of the GM trucks get AC Delco filters, since we're a GM dealer. The Isuzu NPR Denali gets an AC Delco too for its 6.0 of course. I admittedly take a little bit of extra care of the F-150 and it gets NAPA Gold filters.

Back