What do you use to cut the filter media?

I've got some fliters I am finally getting around to cutting open and breaking down for my first time.
I have used my filter can cutter to get the oil filters open, but what do you all use to cleanly cut the filter media from the center tube?
I've got 2 Fram Endurance, a Microgard Select, and a Wix filter (unused, damaged).
I assume a sharp razor would take care of the MSL and Wix, but the wire-backed Endurance media, would that require something different?
I tried the search feature and found the cutters everyone uses, but wasn't really successful in finding what BITOG uses to cut wire-backed media.

Thanks for your help!

Nip-nip-nip...with something like this.

Cool! Thank you! 🤜🤛
We don't have a Home Depot around here, but I'll check out our local Ace Hardware first. Check Menard's and Lowe's if not luck at Ace.

I've just chopped w/a chop saw LOL or use razer blades or just pulled the endcaps off if I could. I guess they're no single tool to use in every situation. Scissors work also.

I've got some fliters I am finally getting around to cutting open and breaking down for my first time.
I have used my filter can cutter to get the oil filters open, but what do you all use to cleanly cut the filter media from the center tube?
I've got 2 Fram Endurance, a Microgard Select, and a Wix filter (unused, damaged).
I assume a sharp razor would take care of the MSL and Wix, but the wire-backed Endurance media, would that require something different?
I tried the search feature and found the cutters everyone uses, but wasn't really successful in finding what BITOG uses to cut wire-backed media.

Thanks for your help!
Tin snips should cut through the wire backed media pretty easily.you would have to get it apart at the crimp or get a hole started 1st somehow.

A very big flat head screwdriver I found in a Staples garbage can from entrance working Thier 2019 or so. Took it keep it in truck. Interesting enough,someone threw out- left a very big air compressor and car charger combo thing Thier too.its in my closet in my room now .
Years ago 1990 friend and I would go around our city ,Stamford CT summer latenights as 15 year olds.dumpstrers.we often found tools people just threw out .we took them.

Back