What disturbs/angers you while driving?

Originally Posted By: SevenBizzos
1) People putting around during more open traffic areas during rush hour. It's not a Sunday drive in the country. Everyone else on the road is trying to get home and see their families.
2) People that don't accelerate on an entrance ramp to an expressway (Prius drivers most of the time). You're going to get people injured doing that.
3) As previously mentioned - when there is NO ONE behind you and people pull out in front of you and just putt along. It's rude and dangerous.

So basically: slow people.

I apologize ahead of time if this is not the case, but you sound like a speeder. I agree with your statements about those who can't merge onto a highway without causing a ruckus, and those who pull out in front you and then drive under the speed limit, but if people are driving the speed limit and are in your way, then you're speeding. Wanting to get home with your family is not a free pass to speed...again, if this is not your case and you're just complaining about extremely slow drivers, I apologize...

Originally Posted By: grampi
1) People putting around during more open traffic areas during rush hour. It's not a Sunday drive in the country. Everyone else on the road is trying to get home and see their families.
2) People that don't accelerate on an entrance ramp to an expressway (Prius drivers most of the time). You're going to get people injured doing that.
3) As previously mentioned - when there is NO ONE behind you and people pull out in front of you and just putt along. It's rude and dangerous.

I apologize ahead of time if this is not the case, but you sound like a speeder. I agree with your statements about those who can't merge onto a highway without causing a ruckus, and those who pull out in front you and then drive under the speed limit, but if people are driving the speed limit and are in your way, then you're speeding. Wanting to get home with your family is not a free pass to speed...again, if this is not your case and you're just complaining about extremely slow drivers, I apologize...

I don't really get that in the post that he's a speeder. It's somewhat true in general. You could be driving along at 65 which is the speed limit and people will try to merge at 40-50. The worse ones are the ones doing 30. Merge at speeds, get it up to 65 if the limit is 65. Easy to merge at speed, much harder if there's a big variation. When I'm behind a slow person on a ramp trying to merge and no one behind me, I slow down more and punch it so that I have more room to gain speed and switch into the middle lane if traffic allows it.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

I don't really get that in the post that he's a speeder. It's somewhat true in general. You could be driving along at 65 which is the speed limit and people will try to merge at 40-50. The worse ones are the ones doing 30. Merge at speeds, get it up to 65 if the limit is 65. Easy to merge at speed, much harder if there's a big variation. When I'm behind a slow person on a ramp trying to merge and no one behind me, I slow down more and punch it so that I have more room to gain speed and switch into the middle lane if traffic allows it.

You are right, people don't know how to merge onto a highway these days...they think drivers on the highway are supposed to move out of their way...

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Agreed.

I find the same thing happening a lot around the areas I drive. I always get stuck behind someone going well under the speed limit, weaving side to side, and usually they are distracted. Yesterday I was behind a car that suddenly slowed down to 35 on a 50 mph road. They kept hugging the white line and darting back and forth. It was a clear passing zone so I passed them, turns out they were texting, and I don't even think they noticed that I went by them. Idiot.

Other drivers ...........
cool.gif

1. On a two way street, folks that insist on creeping over the double yellow line, particularly around curves.
2. Failure to use blinkers
3. U-turns with little room to spare from oncoming traffic
4. pulling out in front of me from a side street forcing me to brake when there aren't any cars behind me as far as the eye can see.
5. Speeding up to pass me in a two lane limited access road from the left, then jamming on the brakes to take the rapidly approaching exit.

1- Driving way below speed limit.
2- People who start slowing way down, way before entering their designated turning lane
3- When someone hurries to turn into the lane before you, making you have to slam on your brakes. Meanwhile there is not a soul behind you.
3.5- When the person who hurried to get in front of you is then going at, or below the speed limit. If you hurry in front of me, at least continue to hurry so your behavior can make sense.
4- Keeping turn signals on while driving.
5- Emergency signals when there is no emergency going on
6- Stopped at a traffic light with at least a full car length in front between the next car.
7- Stopped at the traffic light and every couple seconds inching forward half a foot or so.
8- Stopping literally in the middle of an intersection while waiting to make a left turn (there was a thread on this previously, apparently many people find the practice acceptable.
9- People who wait at the very last minute to merge into a lane for example an exit off a highway, meanwhile everybody else is waiting in a mile long line.
9.5- The people who leave 2 cars space or have slow reflexes, allowing the abovementioned people to successfully enter the lane at the last minute.
10- People who spitefully speed up to prevent you from merging in a lane on a legal and expected merge.
11- Flashing third brake lights
12- Pedestrians who cross with absolutely no regards to their life. I know pedestrians have the right of way, but at least look up and around while you cross and even better acknowledge the cars that stopped for you.
13- People who tap on their brakes for no reason while on the freeway.
14- Mysterious forces causing traffic jams and mysteriously releasing the same traffic jam while on the freeway. No major exits or lanes merging. No lane changes. No road hazards. Traffic just backs up and for no reason starts to flow.
15- Everyone stopping/slowing down when there's an accident on the other side of the median on the freeway.
16- The way the traffic light pattern and length in my area is so inefficient and makes 0 sense.
17- The awkardness and cluelessness at 4 way stops.
18- Salt life stickers.
19- People who drive faster than me, slower than me. People who pass me, people who don't pass me.
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Walmill
14- Mysterious forces causing traffic jams and mysteriously releasing the same traffic jam while on the freeway. No major exits or lanes merging. No lane changes. No road hazards. Traffic just backs up and for no reason starts to flow.

All it takes in heavy traffic if for something to cause a big short slow down in one area, which will then cause a "standing wave" traffic jam that might take a long time to rectify itself. I've seen extreme instances where a big wreck will cause a backup for hours after the accident has already been cleared. People going down the road once the traffic starts moving again never know why the traffic backed up because everything has been cleared by the time they come to the point the accident took place.

Somebody had touched on one earlier that I see quite often these days, and that's when another driver does something completely stupid/illegal/dangerous and you honk at him/her, or you just happen to be in their way when they make their stupid maneuver, then they give you the dirty look/gesture as though you did something wrong...not only don't people know right from wrong anymore, they can't accept when they've done something wrong, they have to blame it on someone else...

This sums up the American society in general these days. Nobody will admit when they've screwed up anymore. They'd rather blame you than apolgize for their [censored] up.
I had it happen to me last week. Had some stupid 20 something blow right through a stop sign and pull right out in front of me without so much as even looking my way. I was going 50 mph and had to swerve into the left lane to avoid a collision that would've surely killed the son of a [censored] as he was in some tin can, and I was in a 3/4 ton truck. When he got up along side of me, I made sure I showed my approval of his mental retardation with the single finger salute, and wouldn't you know, the little [censored] had the gall to throw up his hands and shrug his shoulders at me for 3 miles down the road! He's lucky he didn't quite have the nuts to single finger salute me back or he'd really been in trouble....

Last edited:
I have an odd interest in watching road rage on youtube and really bad driving. I realize how far stupidity can go if you get upset or engage it too. Seems like best to let them pass you by and take a deep breath.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I have an odd interest in watching road rage on youtube and really bad driving. I realize how far stupidity can go if you get upset or engage it too. Seems like best to let them pass you by and take a deep breath.

Brake checks gone bad!

Originally Posted By: kawie_guy
Somebody had touched on one earlier that I see quite often these days, and that's when another driver does something completely stupid/illegal/dangerous and you honk at him/her, or you just happen to be in their way when they make their stupid maneuver, then they give you the dirty look/gesture as though you did something wrong...not only don't people know right from wrong anymore, they can't accept when they've done something wrong, they have to blame it on someone else...

This sums up the American society in general these days. Nobody will admit when they've screwed up anymore. They'd rather blame you than apolgize for their [censored] up.
I had it happen to me last week. Had some stupid 20 something blow right through a stop sign and pull right out in front of me without so much as even looking my way. I was going 50 mph and had to swerve into the left lane to avoid a collision that would've surely killed the son of a [censored] as he was in some tin can, and I was in a 3/4 ton truck. When he got up along side of me, I made sure I showed my approval of his mental retardation with the single finger salute, and wouldn't you know, the little [censored] had the gall to throw up his hands and shrug his shoulders at me for 3 miles down the road! He's lucky he didn't quite have the nuts to single finger salute me back or he'd really been in trouble....

You are describing a road rage!

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

All it takes in heavy traffic if for something to cause a big short slow down in one area, which will then cause a "standing wave" traffic jam that might take a long time to rectify itself. I've seen extreme instances where a big wreck will cause a backup for hours after the accident has already been cleared. People going down the road once the traffic starts moving again never know why the traffic backed up because everything has been cleared by the time they come to the point the accident took place.

Fair explanation to some cases, however most of the ones I refer to in this case are on the same stretch of the road each time I pass through. I don't pass through those roads each day, but I'm fairly confident there wasn't an accident just in that same spot each time I do pass through.

I forgot to add to my list:
20: tailgating, however, I'm not going to let it affect me. You rear end me you're in trouble.
21: Driving with high beams on
22: The (relatively) recent trend of white/blue spectrum headlights. Some of them are so potent they blind you for 1000s of feet oncoming. Really wish everyone would go back to softer colors.
23: Traffic coming to a crawl in the slightest weather that deviates from bright and sunny. I understand and appreciate caution, but going 15mph on an expressway is absurd.

Originally Posted By: talest

You are describing a road rage!

Yes, I tend to not be very cordial when idiots try to kill me!

Glad I ride my bike a majority of the work week! Those that play with their phones at lights are always amusing. I usually get a block, sometimes 2-3, before they realize the light has changed. No signals are annoying no matter what if I'm riding or driving.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: madRiver

Brake checks gone bad!

Roadways on every nation ... the battleground of the road raging idiots.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Fair explanation to some cases, however most of the ones I refer to in this case are on the same stretch of the road each time I pass through.

All it takes if for a car or two to slow down and break the flow of traffic. I see it all the time ... even a slight curve in the road will cause a few people to slightly slow down and it has a huge chain reaction when there's a lot of traffic.

Bumper humpers annoy me the most (tail-gaters). Especially I'm driving 10 - 15 over the posted limit and they fly up on my arse at a much faster speed and hitch up like a trailer.

People act like the social contract that exists when folks are on foot does not apply when in vehicles. People never run up behind me, clip my heels, and blow breath on my back at the gym running track but somehow the vehicular equivalent of that is acceptable behavior?

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Bumper humpers annoy me the most (tail-gaters). Especially I'm driving 10 - 15 over the posted limit and they fly up on my arse at a much faster speed and hitch up like a trailer.

People act like the social contract that exists when folks are on foot does not apply when in vehicles. People never run up behind me, clip my heels, and blow breath on my back at the gym running track but somehow the vehicular equivalent of that is acceptable behavior?

"Bumper Humper" ...
lol.gif
Never heard that term before.

People breathing down someone's neck while walking behind them might get knocked out by a roundhouse swing.

People feel safer in cars, and therefore the personal space boundry seems to disappear and even become more confrontational when things get personal on the road (road rage flares quickly).

https://youtu.be/8lERqGULWxs

Back