What dino oil for 1988 Toyota 4X4 with 148 K

Status
Not open for further replies.
1988 Toyota 4X4 148 K...Burns zero oil...I want to take a long trip in Hot weather...I want to put in the best Dino oil..Total trip 6,000 miles and change it once...K&N oil Filters...OK guys opinions please ..... will be pulling 18 foot camper trailer..Back roads only...50 MPH Max 22RE engine Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say to throw Motorcraft synblend 10w-30 in it. It will last 6K easy. Plus it is a notoriously thicker oil as well so you shouldn't have leaking problems.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Mobil 1 0W-40.

That is not dino oil.

I'd use Rotella 15W-40.

I'll second that, cheap, available and a tad thicker for the extra heat the oil is going to endure

Originally Posted By: gregk24
PYB 10w30

PYB
23.gif
MS5K

PYB 10w30 , no contest.

Did you see Motorkings posts about K&N oil filters? They outsourced them to Korea and dropped efficiency roughly 10% and didn't drop the price. If you have a stash of them stamped made in USA they are still good but overpriced if buying new made in Korea stock. Some stores still have USA stock if you check the can stamp before you buy.

I recommend Fram TG which has a higher efficiency than the K&N.

Originally Posted By: ceast
I want to take a long trip in Hot weather.....Total trip 6,000 miles and change it once...will be pulling 18 foot camper trailer..

PYB SAE 30wt.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Mobil super 5k.

I second this. I just did a 7500k run on this over the winter with plowing work included with beach driving.

Great oil. (check that I had the syn blend Mobil Super 5k HM)

5w20 flavor works well in my 5.4l ford f350 v8 4x4

Last edited:
Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 or Mobil 1's 0w-40
All relatively cheap at Walmart
If you MUST have Dino, I'd insist on a Syn Blend for $2 more
Pennzoil's Gold Bottle 5w-30 should be fine
If a 10w-30 makes you feel better, even though its unnecessary, go for it.

Any filter would be good, From Ultra's or ToughGuard's are a good price at Walmart too tho.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
10W-40 for summer if you can get it.

Is there a shortage of PYB 10W-40 in New Mexico ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back