What Did You Wash or Detail Today?

Up close, I'm sure. I am part of the No Black Vehicles Crue though. I did try a few up close pics, even with the flash on, but couldn't get them to look like that. You can see it up close in person, but it's hidden cuz silver car things 🙃
Silver is a different story; you can get away with murder.

Looks great!

Those have aged very well IMHO
I love it. Some rock chips on the front of the hood but at 354XXX mi that's to be expected. Used the Turtle Wax headlight restoration kit on it, came out pretty good. It still has some giddy-up too, 1 time in Mexico I raced my brothers 07 GS430 & he couldn't keep up.

Got some new towels. Mine started leaving too much lint behind.

IMG_4117.jpg

Meguiars hyper wash and Collinite 476s

Attachments

• 4EC610F8-D3B5-4976-9372-41C381106360.jpeg
    4EC610F8-D3B5-4976-9372-41C381106360.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 33
  • E96871C8-2DD2-4BAC-927B-17EBDA32283E.jpeg
    E96871C8-2DD2-4BAC-927B-17EBDA32283E.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 1DF6819A-E42E-46BB-A18E-1B61D1CF9A63.jpeg
    1DF6819A-E42E-46BB-A18E-1B61D1CF9A63.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 33
I waxhed 2 of 3 Jeeps yesterday and today to get them ready for winter. The white and red Jeeps were first washed with TW Hybrid Solutions Wash/Wax. That stuff is amazing. The white one was purchased last week and is fairly new (2021 with only 4600 miles on it) and I don't think it was ever waxed other than car wash wax. It had no beading when I first wet it yesterday. After this stuff, it had a very nice bead to it.

After that, I washed the red Jeep which was waxed with Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Paste Wax with Graphene last March. It gets the same wash whenever it needs it and I'm sure that has helped to maintain the wax. It also occasionally gets Flex Wax Pro with Graphene because it can be sprayed on wet and hosed off. The stuff is amazing, like all these TW products.

The white Jeep got the paste wax yesterday and the red one today. The decals, plastic, bumpers, and lighting were hit with either Flex Wax Pro or Ice Seal N Shine.

This was actually a before pic: Both the red and blue got a Flex Wax Pro wet treatment about 6 weeks ago, and have been bathed in mud and dirt on an overlanding trip. The Flex Wax held up beautifully. They were all pretty clean but had not received their winter wax yet. I've been using the Ice product line since 2006, and the blue Jeep in the foreground is a 2008. It has had primarily TW Ice/Hybrid Solutions products on it and the paint looks new even after 14 years and countless mud baths from off-roading. All 3 were clean when this pic was taken. I'll try and get pics after waxing. The blue one won't get it until next weekend.
DrqvBnP.jpg

This stuff is easily the best wax or sealant I've ever used, bar none. I've never seen anything bead like it. When wet, you can pour a steady stream of water down the side and it takes all the drops with it leaving a dry door. It is unreal. And the shine is spectacular.

Zqk04RL.jpg

I'll try and get a couple pics in the sun of the red and white Jeeps. They look amazing. Then I'll try and get one of the blue one if I can get it done next week. I can't wait to try the paste wax on that Steel Blue Metallic paint. It is a gorgeous color up close and this stuff should really make it pop. I probably can't take a photo that will do it justice.

Btw, the white one belongs to my wife. She was finally able to shed the people mover Ford Transit since the kids are getting older and some are driving now. It'll be the one that gets most of my cleaning/detailing attention now. So my Jeeps will have to wait a little longer between cleanings. Of course, that's to keep her happy, but it is also because she messes them up more than I do. LOL!

This is a fun thread! Love seeing all the clean machines!

Last edited:
The parents 2019 Lexus RX. I took it to the only automatic car wash I trust(Kaady’s only location outside of Portland/Beaverton/Vancouver, WA). Then followed up with Meguiar’s Ultimate Waterless Wash + Wax, Meguiar’s clay with Griot’s Speed Shine for lube. And then I found out my can of Gyeon Can Coat is “expired” by a week - so I used that up. Gave the interior a wipe-down with 303 on the plastics and rear seats, Griot’s Leather Care spray on the front seats(this car has the leather package).

Before the 2nd “wash”, clay and ceramic coat:

8DDAA4D1-BCF8-4A00-8CFB-8E90E06D2496.jpeg

I expect to do the maintenance washes with a foam cannon or by hand using Griot’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax to top off the ceramic coat(or I’ll run it through Kaady with their “ultimate” package that uses a ceramic infused treatment).

Last edited:
I waxhed 2 of 3 Jeeps yesterday and today to get them ready for winter. The white and red Jeeps were first washed with TW Hybrid Solutions Wash/Wax. That stuff is amazing. The white one was purchased last week and is fairly new (2021 with only 4600 miles on it) and I don't think it was ever waxed other than car wash wax. It had no beading when I first wet it yesterday. After this stuff, it had a very nice bead to it.

After that, I washed the red Jeep which was waxed with Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Paste Wax with Graphene last March. It gets the same wash whenever it needs it and I'm sure that has helped to maintain the wax. It also occasionally gets Flex Wax Pro with Graphene because it can be sprayed on wet and hosed off. The stuff is amazing, like all these TW products.

The white Jeep got the paste wax yesterday and the red one today. The decals, plastic, bumpers, and lighting were hit with either Flex Wax Pro or Ice Seal N Shine.

This was actually a before pic: Both the red and blue got a Flex Wax Pro wet treatment about 6 weeks ago, and have been bathed in mud and dirt on an overlanding trip. The Flex Wax held up beautifully. They were all pretty clean but had not received their winter wax yet. I've been using the Ice product line since 2006, and the blue Jeep in the foreground is a 2008. It has had primarily TW Ice/Hybrid Solutions products on it and the paint looks new even after 14 years and countless mud baths from off-roading. All 3 were clean when this pic was taken. I'll try and get pics after waxing. The blue one won't get it until next weekend.
DrqvBnP.jpg

This stuff is easily the best wax or sealant I've ever used, bar none. I've never seen anything bead like it. When wet, you can pour a steady stream of water down the side and it takes all the drops with it leaving a dry door. It is unreal. And the shine is spectacular.

Zqk04RL.jpg

I'll try and get a couple pics in the sun of the red and white Jeeps. They look amazing. Then I'll try and get one of the blue one if I can get it done next week. I can't wait to try the paste wax on that Steel Blue Metallic paint. It is a gorgeous color up close and this stuff should really make it pop. I probably can't take a photo that will do it justice.

Btw, the white one belongs to my wife. She was finally able to shed the people mover Ford Transit since the kids are getting older and some are driving now. It'll be the one that gets most of my cleaning/detailing attention now. So my Jeeps will have to wait a little longer between cleanings. Of course, that's to keep her happy, but it is also because she messes them up more than I do. LOL!

This is a fun thread! Love seeing all the clean machines!
Nice job. Keep us posted on how it holds up.

The parents 2019 Lexus RX. I took it to the only automatic car wash I trust(Kaady’s only location outside of Portland/Beaverton/Vancouver, WA). Then followed up with Meguiar’s Ultimate Waterless Wash + Wax, Meguiar’s clay with Griot’s Speed Shine for lube. And then I found out my can of Gyeon Can Coat is “expired” by a week - so I used that up. Gave the interior a wipe-down with 303 on the plastics and rear seats, Griot’s Leather Care spray on the front seats(this car has the leather package).

Before the 2nd “wash”, clay and ceramic coat:

View attachment 80191

I expect to do the maintenance washes with a foam cannon or by hand using Griot’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax to top off the ceramic coat(or I’ll run it through Kaady with their “ultimate” package that uses a ceramic infused treatment).
Nice!

I’ve never been a fan of FWD crossovers, but always thought the RX was the best looking of any of them. And you cant deny the convenience of the ride height with how easy they are to get in and out of. And then there’s the fact that they last forever.

Nice!

I’ve never been a fan of FWD crossovers, but always thought the RX was the best looking of any of them. And you cant deny the convenience of the ride height with how easy they are to get in and out of. And then there’s the fact that they last forever.
This one is the hybrid “AWD” F Sport version - so there’s a little more sporting pretense. I like how Lexus isn’t making the RX seem “rugged” like Subaru’s trying to do with the new wilderness-grade Outback/Forester.

Unlike a Prius/RAV4 Hybrid non-Prime, this one has a performance bent - it has a Sport mode and this model does have electronic dampers. But it’s still a Toyota and it’ll stick around for a while.

how you do in freezing tempereatures ?
it seems coating is getting slowly loaded with dirt..
today (around freeze point) i spent several minutes in washbox with "hairy sheep pillow" and
carpro-hydro2-foam.jpg

spilled all 50ml right into pillow and washed the car.
thankfully the cquartz lite seems still alive beyond the 6mo claim. hydro will add sacrificial winter layer (y)
beading restored, sorry no photo.
actually just water alone was like 90% job, but of course stubborn hood & rear was dirty

Boy-oh-boy, it's going to be 62 F today but it is also going to rain and then the wind is going to hit 50, 60 and even 70 mph gusts(power outages expected). But what a day for washing your vehicle in the daytime (before 3 p.m.) as this could be the last day(s) before winter really hits us.

Last edited:
Back