Decided to Try Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax

john_pifer

#26 is a polish that removes all other products. It's designed to clean the finish for painting or application of other products. It has no "lasting" power.
I was referring to Meguiar’s #26 “Hi Tech Yellow Wax”.

It’s not a polish. It’s a really good wax; it’s just not as long-lasting as a lot of other products that are on the market now.

I have used the Hybrid Ceramic for the past year, I really like it. In between formal applications, I use the spray hybrid ceramic after a wash to boost what is already on there (a few sprays, power washer to spread the product and dry as normal). I have seen little to no degradation of water beading or the ability to get bugs and other debris off the car. It's awesome stuff!

I have not done a liquid application of the product since I got the car new, which was last October. Just did it today, though. I did a little correction on the hood with Meguair's M210 and my DA polisher. Followed up with the liquid Hybrid Ceramic sealant afterward across the entire car.

Very happy with this product and will continue to use it.

20210624-121141-resized.jpg

20210624-142912-resized.jpg

20210624-142901-resized.jpg

There are so many product options in the market. It's insane. I've been on some detailing forums lately and honestly, most of these products preform very similarly if applied the correct way. Surface should really be prepped correctly to see the true benefit.

I have never used anything on a clearcoat that lasts more then a month or two at BEST.
That includes NuFinish.
I can't even imagine what prep work, if any, you are performing prior to application. The worst performance I have ever seen for NuFinish was 6 months of durability. :oops:

Little tip with these spray/rinse products. While the car is still wet, do 1 to 2 panel mists, spread product around evenly on surface first, then rinse. I've seen numerous people try this "off label" method and it works. Not on a dry surface, but wet.

Once again, we're seeing major box store brands equal and in some cases exceed the pricier brands.

I can't even imagine what prep work, if any, you are performing prior to application. The worst performance I have ever seen for NuFinish was 6 months of durability. :oops:

Yeah, same here. I try to apply a new coat every 6 months, usually. Not needed any sooner with the appropriate prep. But I guess it also depends if people are going through car washes (touch or laser) given the more aggressive detergents and such used. But for at-home hand washing? Twice a year is plenty for me.

Little tip with these spray/rinse products. While the car is still wet, do 1 to 2 panel mists, spread product around evenly on surface first, then rinse. I've seen numerous people try this "off label" method and it works. Not on a dry surface, but wet.

Once again, we're seeing major box store brands equal and in some cases exceed the pricier brands.

*I use the Meg's Hybrid Ceramic Spray (blue liquid) in this manor : Clay vehicle then wash & rinse . While still wet lightly spray Meg's Hybrid Ceramic on a panel then using a fresh , wet wash mitt I spread the Hybrid Ceramic around evenly on the panel then rinse . When the entire vehicle is done this way I then dry at the end . My other choice is TW Seal & Shine - not sure yet which I will end up preferring but I will say the method I use for Meg's Hybrid Ceramic Spray is easy enough .

I have accumulated a bunch of Megs products lately. Hyper Wash, Citrus Power Cleaner Plus and their Interior Quik Detailer.

I prefer Gyeon Wet Coat to their HCW, but both are good products.

If you like HCW, try Wet Coat. Easier to apply.

Last edited: