What Did You Wash or Detail Today?

I get the typical "you're gonna wash the paint off that thing" comments from my neighbors as well. Although most of my neighbors just smile and wave at me. It's a well kept older neighborhood, so they understand. I have gotten some funny looks for cleaning and polishing a 26 year old car. I keep it pretty clean too as it's parked on the street infront of my house. Neighbor right beside me never says anything at all (even the car being loud, another subject though). He keeps his lawn Immaculate, I keep my cars the same. We all co-exist perfectly.

Compounded & waxed my sister's Highlander during my visit to Charlotte, NC last week. Made that metallic pop in the sun. Sits outside 24/7, wanted to give it protection from all the automatic car washes & tree crap. 😖 Meguiars Ultimate Compound, Collinite 845, and 303 on the plastics.
20210717_170016.jpg

Compounded & waxed my sister's Highlander during my visit to Charlotte, NC last week. Made that metallic pop in the sun. Sits outside 24/7, wanted to give it protection from all the automatic car washes & tree crap. 😖 Meguiars Ultimate Compound, Collinite 845, and 303 on the plastics.
View attachment 64399
That was nice of you!

She’s going to enjoy that super clean SUV!

I completely clean the wheel wells and undercarriage every 5000 mile tire/wheel rotation. And hand clean each individual tire/wheel removing every small debris in the tires grooves. 🤓
I do the laundry and wash the dishes in our house but I draw the line at folding the clean cloths! Gotta have limits! lol

I often get the neighbors dis approving looks hahahaha!
View attachment 64247

I had not yet installed the center caps they were still drying.

wheels off wash... that´s serious business:cool:
but week ago i cquartz-lite coated 👻 (fotos later)

Next door neighbor said his cars were due for their semi-annual wash. 😏

Loaned him my 3800 psi/3.5gpm gas pressure washer, foam cannon, CarPro lift, P&S Wire Wheel Acid, Meguiars D143, Meguiars D110, towels, two buckets and wheel brushes.

Walked over there after he had pre-rinsed and foamed the cars. I helped him with the wash and wheel cleaning, mostly to satisfy my OCD when it comes to car washes. Relatively speaking, the chemicals and pressure washer made quick work of the 6+ months of grime. Heck, the wash mitts stayed clean. ;)

Overall, the results were favorable.

It has been feast or famine here as far as rain goes. When it has rained, it poured and washed my vehicles as good as I could have. It has been atleast a month since I touched a sponge.

Picked up Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer (HCD). It's the same chemistry as Megs M799 (bead booster) but diluted 1:3 for the detailer. This particular spray is getting great reviews. It's not a long term/durable sealant, but more of a maintenance product that can be used as an LSP, you just have to top it up more often, which is not a big deal if you wash frequently.

Strip wash, polish, then coat 1 of Turtle Hybrid Ceramic on both of these...will follow up with coat 2 tomorrow after the 24 hours. MDX is already done same procedure last week...curious to see how it holds up as this is my first time trying a spray or anything remotely ceramic.
PXL_20210724_014313349.MP.jpg

Strip wash, polish, then coat 1 of Turtle Hybrid Ceramic on both of these...will follow up with coat 2 tomorrow after the 24 hours. MDX is already done same procedure last week...curious to see how it holds up as this is my first time trying a spray or anything remotely ceramic.View attachment 64630
I’ve recently jumped on the ceramic consumer products bandwagon also, thanks to the recommendations here.

I‘m testing Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax in the 4runner, and Griots Garage 3-In-1 Ceramic Spray Wax on the Tacoma.

If you’re like me, and are used to traditional non-ceramic waxes and sealants and sprays, you’re going to be very impressed with the durability and water beading!

u will not regret ceramic coating.
it´s not easy as wax, but other parameters are out of this world.
(wax is big no-no for plastic, but some coatings are friendly) big + for me.
my head just exploded:

Washed my friend’s 6.4 HEMI. The dealer prep consisted of absurd amount of tire shine so the sides of the truck were caked. He also took the truck off-roading so there was a lot of caked dirt.

I pressure washed the exterior (a lot), foamed with CarPro Lift at a super strong dilution (4:1) to dissolve the grime and tire shine, then washed using Meguiars D110. Wheels were cleaned Meguiars D143. @buster sent me some Gyeon Wet Coat to try so that was used during the rinse.

Interior was vacuumed and mats were pressure washed.

C3FBB007-C581-40CE-8DB9-484BDA5A80E0.jpeg

341379CC-D524-4FB0-8C5B-2DAC4F9ACB82.jpeg

9E48EEB0-9FB1-4F3B-B391-62C9CE663E77.jpeg

C9294196-30AA-4A4F-A2B2-0D2951B744FC.jpeg

6FACF331-F587-423C-95D7-806CBD26C582.jpeg

9AB3D439-6626-449A-84EF-0416831F99EB.jpeg

Did an exterior wash on a car that was in for repairs. The wheels have not been cleaned in over a year and this car is wearing ATE low-metallic pads on one axle.

The finish on these wheels have been shot for a long time.

P&S Wire Wheel Cleaner (acid) was sprayed on liberally. I used a wheel woolies boar hair brush to agitate gently, then rinsed within a hose. This was just one application.

The acid did make the caliper and rotor turn milky white, though!

Back