What did I do draining what was recommended?

I have no problem with it BAJA. Just keep changing that oil every 5k. If you want the viscosity to be 1cst lighter to combat the cold weather this winter, it translates into a proper direction thought process.

Last edited:
I would change to

Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-16, using Mobil 1 oil filter, or Fram endurance oil filter. You would get maximum torque, HP, & MPG. Change every 10k miles.​

Do not go 10,000 miles. also don’t use 0w16. This is bad advice. Your going to have that engine burning oil at 90,000 miles.

Really hooked use on this one... Some gave correct parts through out. Rav4 gets washed once aweek with a spray only car wash run through the undercarriage going into the car wash bay. Underside is spotless, changed in a clean garage with no breeze or wind what so ever. Wanted it documented with the 0W16 and run my 0W20 for the summertime. Save the 0W16 for winter. Took my dog for a walk around acouple blocks while it drained and the process was over in no time. Oh the agony!!! Lol
Your car is pretty sure its engine is hot, like 200 degrees F, in summer, or in winter. You have fallen for the false rumor on BITOG, and the old man's tale, that you need a "thicker" oil in summer hot temps. If it's a 100 outside, the engine is at 200. That's a fact. Engines aren't alive, they're just machines. Read your owners manual, please.

In fairness, I'm surprised we haven't seen any 5-30 recommendations yet :ROFLMAO:
well I bought my 2020 Camry in February of 2020 was working at Toyota. at 400 miles I dumped the 0w16 and poured in mobil 1 ESP 0w30. drove that car 80,000 miles, changing at 5,000 miles. still have this car. bought a 2024 Toyota Camry while working at BMW. dumped 0w16 at 500 miles. aired in Mobile 1 ESP 5w30 , change at 5,000 miles and car currently has 20,000 miles on it.

The
Really hooked use on this one... Some gave correct parts through out. Rav4 gets washed once aweek with a spray only car wash run through the undercarriage going into the car wash bay. Underside is spotless, changed in a clean garage with no breeze or wind what so ever. Wanted it documented with the 0W16 and run my 0W20 for the summertime. Save the 0W16 for winter. Took my dog for a walk around acouple blocks while it drained and the process was over in no time. Oh the agony!!! Lol

I would have done the same thing except switch the 0w16 for 0w40, then mixed the 0w16 50/50 with 20w50 for future use.
The best way to undercoat your new RAV4 is to drive it down a freshly oiled gravel road.

This is like half of a Garage 54 episode, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, like drilling 154 holes in each brake rotor. OP, can we see a photo sample of the drain?

The best way to undercoat your new RAV4 is to drive it down a freshly oiled gravel road.
You've been talking to my cousin Wallace. He was always good for a clever comment. He once told me that, "The cheapest way to undercoat your car is to drive it as fast as possible down a freshly oiled highway."

Can you imagine the mess. It would be an opportunity to test the old wives' tale that Coca Cola will take tar off paintwork.

Wallace died in his 80s as a "millionaire next door" so he knew a thing or two.

Your car is pretty sure its engine is hot, like 200 degrees F, in summer, or in winter. You have fallen for the false rumor on BITOG, and the old man's tale, that you need a "thicker" oil in summer hot temps. If it's a 100 outside, the engine is at 200. That's a fact. Engines aren't alive, they're just machines. Read your owners manual, please.
The Thicker oil for a fact provides better protection. And about that owners manual, it’s not gospel. The marketing team writes those, not engineers. What’s funny is Honda owners manual says change engine coolant at 100,000 miles, on the back of the Honda coolant long life type 2 it says no more than 5 years or 60,000 miles. What about that lifetime antifreeze VAG has lol, or how about lifetime transmission fluid in the selantis group manuals. No lubricant is lifetime.

Look up Newton's law of cooling and get back to me on that one.

Current gen Rav 4's have no oil cooler (well the TRD, Adventure and the AWD limited do, but hybrids and other trims do not). So engine oil cooling is only accomplished by ambient sitting in the sump and the sumps surrounding temperature.

Look up Newton's law of cooling and get back to me on that one.

Current gen Rav 4's have no oil cooler (well the TRD, Adventure and the AWD limited do, but hybrids and other trims do not). So engine oil cooling is only accomplished by ambient sitting in the sump and the sumps surrounding temperature.
Not talking about oil cooling, Newton's law doesn't apply. Did you take engineering thermo? Repeat, it's hot out, the engine is hotter, the oil is almost at engine temp. Since engine oil is not alive, it doesnt matter that it's hot out. You can safely use the factory spec viscosity. Most cars take 0w20 at the moment. "Thicker oil" only hurts lubrication.

Back