0w16 options?

I've used TGMO, PP, M1 AFE, STP, and Carquest 0W-16 in my 2019 Corolla Hatchback since new. I've noticed zero difference in MPG, noise or drivability between the oil brands. I have been changing the oil every 5K and the Corolla still like a champ. I've had been doing10K on several OCIs when the car was brand new.

To be fair project farm’s testing is entertaining but it shouldn't be deemed anymore credible.
Can you elaborate why his testing shouldn't be credible? I understand it doesn't simulate an engine but it does seem like some very usable tests.

Can you elaborate why his testing shouldn't be credible? I understand it doesn't simulate an engine but it does seem like some very usable tests.
Many, many threads on here go into great detail. For one thing it's a test that isn't applicable to motor oil and as you say it doesn't apply to an engine. Why would you think it is "very useful" if you yourself note it doesn't simulate an engine?

That is a fatal flaw that in and of itself makes the test useless. The other fatal flaw is that the testing methodology is nowhere near to anything that would give statistically significant results. There are others out there that perform a similar test and when the data is properly plotted it shows that there is no difference between any oil tested. The only reason it appears there is a difference is because the individuals performing the test have no idea what they are doing in regards to performing a proper test.

Again as I noted it is an improper test being performed improperly and then grossly improper conclusions are being drawn from invalid data and sample sizes. The whole thing is a dumpster fire from beginning to end. The "test" is nothing more than a county fair product demonstration that screeches and howls its way into wowing the unsuspecting crowd.

Back