What Car Company Makes The Best Car Or Truck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to choose one car.

I'd say the Toyota Corolla.

Ours won't die. I had it jacked up to change a flat and the lift pad rusted away and the whole side of the car dipped 4 inches. The jack was literally imbedded in the car. Its a 95 with a salvage title (flood car) with 200k that has seen 16 chicago winters. Nothing replaced except plugs, and struts. AC works great!

the best car is toyota. I have 2006 toyota camry v6 217,000 miles. it never broke down on me. I am looking to get 400,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: moto94536
the best car is toyota. I have 2006 toyota camry v6 217,000 miles. it never broke down on me. I am looking to get 400,000 miles.

By that logic, my Town Car is the best. It is 17 years older than your Toyota and has similar mileage on it.... Also having never broken down.

I'm a retired electronics tech and people would often ask "Who makes the best television?". The answer was "They pretty well all do at any given point in time".
Over the years with design changes and model lineups all the companies (Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony, RCA etc) made their fair share of diamonds and lemons. Cars seem to be the same.
What's a shame is when we can't go back and order a '93 Accord (which my wife and I owned and drove for 14 trouble free years). It was superseded by an Accord that suffered from failing transmissions.

Hindsight is 20-20 and by the time a vehicle proves it's worth by years of proven performance it has unfortunately been replaced by this years model which is an unknown quantity.

I'm still trying to find out what school the Auto Engineers attended who designed the failed Honda transmission, the GM intake manifold gaskets, the Toyota 1ZZFE oil burner piston rings rings etc (and kept building them for years) and close down that school.

Who made the best vehicle in years past is easy to answer. Who makes the best vehicle today ??.... we'll know in 5 years or so.

Originally Posted By: moto94536

I'm pleased that this one car has been good to you. I wish you continued good luck with it.

I actually own a vehicle with over 400k miles on it, a 2004 GMC Savana 3500. Original drivetrain and all. Curb weight is over 9000 pounds every single day!

But they're not all that good.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
I'm a retired electronics tech and people would often ask "Who makes the best television?". The answer was "They pretty well all do at any given point in time".
Over the years with design changes and model lineups all the companies (Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony, RCA etc) made their fair share of diamonds and lemons. Cars seem to be the same.
What's a shame is when we can't go back and order a '93 Accord (which my wife and I owned and drove for 14 trouble free years). It was superseded by an Accord that suffered from failing transmissions.

Hindsight is 20-20 and by the time a vehicle proves it's worth by years of proven performance it has unfortunately been replaced by this years model which is an unknown quantity.

I'm still trying to find out what school the Auto Engineers attended who designed the failed Honda transmission, the GM intake manifold gaskets, the Toyota 1ZZFE oil burner piston rings rings etc (and kept building them for years) and close down that school.

Who made the best vehicle in years past is easy to answer. Who makes the best vehicle today ??.... we'll know in 5 years or so.

A truer statement I have not heard. The Best car I ever owned was a 1995 Sentra, 15 years & 350K miles. I continued to buy Nissans because of the qualtiy of that vehicle. As Poppa Bear said it is a gamble until proven. To minimize the gamble I buy the last model year made instead of the newly redesigned models.

Best vehicle is up to the experience we have as individuals, most of you would probably laugh at my opinion of Isuzu being the best I've owned.

Have 2 of them, one at 340k, the other at 200k original drivetrain, neither have left us anywhere.

Company ford ranger that I have, has had 4 transmissions, 3 sets of all suspension parts, 5 thermostats, 3 fuel pumps and has 250k miles

Seems a bit excessive to me; that 4.0L engine however is running strong and quiet, though it uses 1.5qts every 1500 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back