What are your thoughts on White Castle?

I like them but a 4 hour drive to St Louis ain't happening.

Went to Red Robin last night. One of the best burgers I have had in a while.

edit-- I looked on their store locater, now 1 in Columbia MO still 2 hours plus

Last edited:
Gross.

I had some near or in Ft Wayne IN in my youth. I think I crapped non stop for 48 hours.

Closest one here is Scottsdale, AZ 1185 miles away. It's interesting (well maybe not given the failure rate) - how slow some of these burger joints creep this direction. Carl's finally made it, and now they make a terrible burger (used to be better). ****'s here is really disgusting. In and out can't seem to make it. Whataburger is only south. Looks like a Smashburger down near Portland. Might try some day. Long drive.

Oddly the best burgers I've had were 5 Guys and Red Robin, but go back and the beef is "off" that day..........burgers are like that. Sometimes they grind up a really good steer, sometimes not so much.

White Castle? Like Tom Hanks in the movie Big "I dont get it".

I wouldn't eat those if the restaurant was next door AND I could get them for free.

Fuddruckers, they grind their own beef onsite an have fresh toppings. About a 45 minute drive from my house, but I get there about once a year when I'm in the area.

Been a few years due to the pandemic, but I may need to get there soon.

Fuddruckers, they grind their own beef onsite an have fresh toppings. About a 45 minute drive from my house, but I get there about once a year when I'm in the area.

I remember that fondly from Chicago. I liked their Burgers.

I used to like going to Fuddruckers when I lived in VA some 20 years back.

They were scheduled to close all locations by August 2021, but it looks like just recently the remaining assets were bought by another franchise company and so they continue operating for now.

Back in the '70's a paint job went bad and we had to toil 'til 4 AM. The White Castle chow was plainly unacceptable.
The décor was "fortified autopsy room". The airlines should've used it to protect cockpits from hijackers. Too, too mean for my sensitivities.

Just months ago newspaper coupons got me to try their breakfast items and they were good. Better interior designers were employed.

I used to like going to Fuddruckers when I lived in VA some 20 years back.

They were scheduled to close all locations by August 2021, but it looks like just recently the remaining assets were bought by another franchise company and so they continue operating for now.

I was about to write that I thought that last one in the STL area closed, but looking on-line, they appear to be open. I have to meet one of my co-workers to exchange some parts tomorrow, so it may be over lunch at Fuddruckers since this thread has stirred a hunger in me, LOL

I was about to write that I thought that last one in the STL area closed, but looking on-line, they appear to be open. I have to meet one of my co-workers to exchange some parts tomorrow, so it may be over lunch at Fuddruckers since this thread has stirred a hunger in me, LOL
The Fuddruckers in Sunset Hills is still alive. They do make a delicious burger. The place could use some renovations but the food was great last time I was in there.

We've got an In-n-out and a 5 guys close enough,

The real treats in my area come from the local joints.

Big A Drive in - family owned took over an old A&W place.

Burgers and Cream - a tiny 2 store chain.

Unknown.jpeg
1520bcde6a687c98ac83e3e8784e2ea0_-united-states-california-nevada-county-grass-valley-13778-bi...jpg

The Fuddruckers in Sunset Hills is still alive. They do make a delicious burger. The place could use some renovations but the food was great last time I was in there.
Great, I'll meet my co-worker there tomorrow if he'll go for it.

I'd heard the news they were closing... apparently the news of their demise was a bit premature.

Haven’t had a WC in decades and this thread reminded me why. If I’m craving a fast food burger, it’s always Freddys Steakburgers! Make mine a double with their shoe string fries with dipping sauce!

Is this a place for some BITOG members take their dates for Valentine's day???

White Castle Valentine’s Day Menu​

Once upon a time, in a castle far far away, an idea was born. Behind the castle walls, a phone was picked up, a number dialed, a request made to the royalty, and a dream granted. The night would be magical: linens on the tables, guests in their winter finest, and a feast fit for kings but attainable for far cheaper. It was February 14, 1991, a date seeped in lore and history: the first Valentine’s Day celebration at White Castle.

White Castle, the 96-year-old burger chain centered in the midwest and mid-atlantic, isn’t exactly known as a first-class eatery. White Castle is a place for, above everything, tiny hamburgers that cost pocket change: the original slider with and without cheese both still run you less than a dollar. That’s why it’s truly astounding that every single year for one night only, White Castle becomes a fine-dining establishment.

Every year on Valentine’s Day, White Castle locations across the country have taken reservations, laid out fresh linens, and given table service to their patrons, much to the chagrin of local news organizations, who show up with their cameras year after year. There’s usually a special menu that gives “cravers” extra options, like “Love At First Bite” and “Turn Up the Heat,” both slider meals designed for two people. It’s ornate! It’s ludicrous! It’s incongruous!

image-1210x642.jpg

Last edited:
like most if not all cheep fast food joints that contribute to BAD health, the american way!!!!

Back